$10 per gun / per year

sdkidaho

Found this on another forum, thought some of you might like to see it:

Pa now wants you to register all your guns within the state, and tax you $10 per gun per year. They also want each gun owner finger printed and to have a back round check. You will get a registration card for each firearm and it must be carreid with the firearm at all times. "Any gun that registration is denied for would then be confiscated by the state police."

This is getting rediculous. I was just on the phone with the governors office to tell the what I think of their new proposal. This is just the first step in getting rid of them all together. If you live in Pa call and let them know. Even if you don't, call anyway!

Gov. Rendell: 717-787-2500

Senator Eichelberger: 717-787-5490 He is keeping track of the calls that come in

http://www.wtajtv.com/news/local/6732721.html

EVERY GUN OWNER NEEDS TO JOIN THE NRA!!!!

Here in WI there are also some changes pending to allow only a licensed firearms dealer to sell new or used firearms. To us this means the every day guy can no longer sell a firearm through the news paper or at a gun show, must go through an FFL. With this all gun transactions will be documented and registration will occur.

Not as extreme as what skidaho is showing us but steps in the direction of more gun control.

Here in WI there are also some changes pending to allow only a licensed firearms dealer to sell new or used firearms. To us this means the every day guy can no longer sell a firearm through the news paper or at a gun show, must go through an FFL. With this all gun transactions will be documented and registration will occur.

Not as extreme as what skidaho is showing us but steps in the direction of more gun control.

We have had this law in Cali for many, many years. Maybe close to 20 years.

It was a pain at first, but it's no big deal now. Our dealers are required to process private transfers, so any gun shop does them.

One little catch is that you have to be sure you legally own the gun before you try to transfer it. If not, they seize your gun and can charge you for being in possession of an illegal firearm.

I give the law mixed reviews. While I do not like any restrictive gun law, I do like the fact that firearms are being transferred lawfully with a background check on the seller and the buyer.

It may be no big deal mud, but you are giving in to their control.

When laws pass in Cali by a 2-1 magin, no one is 'giving in' to anyone. Most gun laws pass here.

Do you think felons should be able to buy and sell guns? How 'bout convicted bank robbers? Chesters?

The voters in Los Angeles alone were enough to ban mountain lion hunting a few years back.

It is what it is here in Cali.

I could move, but why? I hunt 100+ days here and the money I make here funds other trips all across the country.

It ain't perfect, but it'll do for now :)

You shouldn't have to move, mudhen.

None of us should have to move to another state to enjoy freedoms which are supposedly guaranteed us by the Constitution of the United States of America.

This type of registration a very, very dangerous thing.

A corrupt government could easily use this as a database for collection and confiscation at their whim.

The primary reason many guns are grandfathered on bans is because there is no central record of who has what, making retro-enforcement impossible.

With this in place, the PRK gestapo could easily come to claim your Benellis when they get around to banning all semi-automatic weapons.

I give the law mixed reviews. While I do not like any restrictive gun law, I do like the fact that firearms are being transferred lawfully with a background check on the seller and the buyer.

Of course, only those of us who are law abiding citizens transfer guns this way. The vast majority of those used by criminals, and hence the ones you need to worry about, are done under the table, stolen, etc.

We have enough laws now, and the problem is that as more and more of these laws get enacted, we must choose to give up more of our freedoms just in order to comply and remain 'law abiding'.

I hate any new law which turns today's law abiding citizen into a criminal tomorrow if they don't change their ways in order to comply. The criminal by his very definition does not comply with the laws, and will not change his ways to please some politician.

Of course, only those of us who are law abiding citizens transfer guns this way. The vast majority of those used by criminals, and hence the ones you need to worry about, are done under the table, stolen, etc.

We have enough laws now, and the problem is that as more and more of these laws get enacted, we must choose to give up more of our freedoms just in order to comply and remain 'law abiding'.

I hate any new law which turns today's law abiding citizen into a criminal tomorrow if they don't change their ways in order to comply. The criminal by his very definition does not comply with the laws, and will not change his ways to please some politician.

I don't disagree much with anything posted here and I am specifically referring to private transfers and background checks on potential buyers.

My local gunshop denies 100+- felons each year that attempt to purchase firearms OTC or via private transfers.

I recall the number of denials in Cali is around 40,000 per year. I'll try to confirm that.

Cali has maybe the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, but it also has the most gun owners in the nation, so I guess the laws are not chilling gun owners from filling their safes...

Anyone that does not think this is bad should find the orginal FFL hearings/laws and read them. One step at a time they are eating away at gun rights for lawful owners. The org. FFL was a reasonable fee and any good citizen could abtain. Now you get one and you will find cameras in your trees, etc. All these laws and I can walk down to waterfront and get almost any gun I want in 15 minutes.

Dude, are you using the 1/4" mesh with that racket, or the 3/8" mesh, and how big was your shuttleco-ck?

Yeah, not much you can do in Cali when you get voted down, but hopefully bringing some of these things to light will help other states avoid them. That just looks like communist tactics to me, what PA is trying to do.

Hey - maybe you'll get lucky and the Mt. Lions will eat a few more joggers and their pets and the voters will vote to reinstate hunting on them. :D

Just to throw some fuel on the fire, I call your attention to the total gun ban in Australia several years ago. All gun owners were required by law to turn in all of their weapons including some of the nicest gun collections in the world. All of these weapons were destroyed and now the average citizen can only see one on TV or when they come face to face with a criminal who has stuck a gun right in their face.

If I buy a gun from a private individual I always call my local police dept. and have them run a check on the serial number just to make sure it wasn't stolen. Other than that I want the government to keep out of my business. I am a territory manager for a U.S. company in Canada and you think some of our laws suck, well theirs is worse than ours. Have to admit Georgia and Alabama where I call home and hunt is looking mighty good right now.

If I buy a gun from a local guy out of the paper, I don't tell anyone. Its none of their business.

Criminals will get their guns one way or another, I wouldn't worry to much about them getting something from a gun shop, might be better than them getting a full auto AK-47 with depleted uranium shells from a drug dealer or something. You gunna use your SBE against him?

Cali has maybe the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, but it also has the most gun owners in the nation, so I guess the laws are not chilling gun owners from filling their safes...

Nope, just making it a little harder to do so, and a little step further in gun control.

I know what you're talking about Colt. ;)