Question about new SBE II (LH)

Joe67

Here are the photos of the gun,I have not shot the gun yet, I went to a gun store today and looked at a new SBE II the carrier was dead center, On my gun it is about 1/16 away from the right side of the gun, I question if it will hit the side of the gun over time once broken in? It does seem hard to load the gun with 3" & 3.5" shells, but I am not sure what it feels like to load this gun.

Joe 202880.JPG 202882.JPG 202883.JPG 202896.jpg

[ 07-17-2004, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Joe67 ]

My SBE II looks very similar to your posted pix. After several hundred rounds through it, there have been no cycling problems at all and there is no evidence of any rubbing by the carrier against the side of the receiver. Doesn't seem to be any problem here.

Definetly doesn't look correct,the cartridge drop lever does account for the carrier being not centered,plus if the carrier was centered it would interfere with the shell stop and not align correctly with the magazine opening,every Benelli is off centered just touch,but not that much, PM Monty for further assisstance,-------PEACE--------------------------------M1014------------ ;)

[ 07-22-2004, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

Do you know if it takes Montefeitro a few days or longer to get back to you after you PM Him. I PM him a few times now about my gun and no word back yet. I am not sure what to do, Not sure if I should shoot the gun or what.

I sent Montefeitro a Pm note over two weeks ago and have heard nothing back. I have had great luck with sending my questions to Caroline at [email protected] . Send her the photos if she needs them and the background info etc. She always comes back with a quick and correct answer. Give her a try she is good. You can tell her i said so because she is responsive to our questions. Larry

Thanks LBDB1A, I e-mailed Caroline this am and she e-mailed me back, Great service. BTW574 Benelli stated that the gun should not be that way and they will fix it,let me know if you would like me to forward any info to you.

Joe

Man o' man, either these guns are getting damaged in shipping, or the quality control department needs eye exams all around. The safeties, now this, hmmmm, maybe they are making them a little too quickly to fill the high demand, just a thought. And another thought is to go over your gun head to toe in the shop before buying, if something looks arye, hold off on the purchase.

[ 07-28-2004, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: shell waster ]

• 3 weeks later...