M4 Choke Tubes

rgroves

Hey all. I just unpacked and assembled my new M4. First impression -- HOOAH!

I even read the manual. And there's a page that refers to "Benelli Choke Tubes" without any further parts numbers. So here's a new guy question. Are choke tubes for the M4 the same as for other models? If not, can I order them? Mine came with one tube, three notches that the manual says is modified. I'd like to have other options.

Thanks

Russell Groves

Thanks, both of you. Looks like I'll see what kind of Benelli customer service I get right off the bat.

Assuming I can get other standard tubes from Benelli, I'm also very interested in what a aftermarket rifled tube might do with the right slugs.

rg

I spoke with Benelli CS yesterday. The CS representative I spoke with was fantastic! She answered all my questions, knew my shop owner and included a new catalog and DVD with my cylinder choke that arrived, as promised, today. I'm blown away with the service I received.

do a search on this forum for 'choke tubes' and I think you will be surprised what you can get for free. regards-d

Well, I made the call. And the woman who finally answered told me the firearm doesn't include more than one choke tube. She wasn't all that friendly about it either. Now I'll call Carlson's and order what I want - from the aftermarket.

A few years ago I bought a Ruger Red Label. Full set of tubes included. Whenever I've called Sturm Ruger about a service question with any of my Ruger arms, I got stellar service. I've been buying Rugers for 20 years now, one or two per year.

So who do you suppose I'll buy from next time?

rg

They changed a couple years ago and only ship Cyl chokes with that gun, Catalog has been changed and shows which choke this gun is shipped with. Guess Benelli got tired of giving away choke tubes that were no longer advertised to come with that shotgun. I do agree a standard set of tubes should come with any of their shotguns but obviously they have issues with the gun needing a complete set?

I have a 04 Catalog and the M1014 Limited shipped with MOD ONLY!!

The M4 used to ship with the C,IC,M tubes but ya look in the 07 online catalog and they advertise only the C tube. The M1014 which is LE/Military only now is the gun that shipped with 3 chokes, i would think that a set of chokes should be sent with this expensive of a shotgun like others!http://www.benelliusa.com/customer-service/pdfs/BE_Final_12_8_06.pdf

M4 Super 90 Tactical, brand new production shipped to my dealer on my special order.

I've been looking around for an email link to Benelli but nothing obvious from their site and nothing from the manual. Since their phone support was so indifferent, I hoped to reach them by another channel. If anybody has an email link I'd like to try that.

Thanks.

rg

I think you miss understood my post, if you have a 2004 M4 they did ship with 3 tubes, the 07's only shipped with 1!!! If you just got a brand new m4 they will not ship you the other 2 chokes!! The Limited M1014 is a totally different gun, with only one tube!! wasting your breath calling CShttp://www.benelliusa.com/customer-service/pdfs/BE_Final_12_8_06.pdf:)

Yes, I misunderstood. Thanks for knocking it into my skull. I still think one choke tube with a $1450 shotgun is pretty stingy, but OH WELL!

So it's back to the aftermarket if I want to use this firearm with other chokes. And my thanks for all the good advice. This is a terrific forum and I'm enjoying the new info.

Yes, I misunderstood. Thanks for knocking it into my skull. I still think one choke tube with a $1450 shotgun is pretty stingy, but OH WELL!

So it's back to the aftermarket if I want to use this firearm with other chokes. And my thanks for all the good advice. This is a terrific forum and I'm enjoying the new info.

I agree 100% yall should get at least a set of standard tubes at minimum, they are not that expensive, but i know the feeling, i have purchased a couple aftermarket tubes for Turkeys and they are expensive!! Daylight and dark difference in patterning but the chokes you need should be reasonably priced in a set!! http://www.benelliusa.com/customer-service/pdfs/BE_Final_12_8_06.pdf latest products , all ya gotta do is call a dealer and get a price, i can't find them on the net!! called this am and no sets for standard or ext standard and each choke approx 25.00!