Taking my M2 into Canada?

Deathray7

I've had a Montefeltro for years, but just bought an M2 Tactical for a bear gun. Am I going to have any problems taking my M2 Tactical into Canada?

18.5" barrel (seems to meet their barrel length requirement)

Overall length is way more than their minimum (+/- 28")

Anybody taken their M2 into Canada?

I believe that M2s are ok - they don't seem to be listed as one of the prohibited Benelli shotguns (some M1 varaints and all M3s). See item #7 in the following link.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-46/SOR-98-462/text.html

Well just a FYI, for ya. You have to be careful and refer to your M2 as a "sporting special" the Turkey variant. Why you say? The police versions are the M1Super 90, M2, and the combo M3 all prohib. I know this is stupid but gun laws are stupid, much like the people that make them. Just tell them at the border that you have a Benelli Sporting Special and you will be fine. Hope this helps? Cheers.

To further show the lack of consistancy in our laws, the M4 can be sold here in all versions (collapsible stock not a problem)- now how is this a sporting rifle? Maybe because they come with choke tubes??! Wasn't it designed as a military shotgun?

• 1 month later...