sbe 1 ejection prob

vinceyboy

my sbe 1 seems to jam quite regualry, the spent cartridge is either left in the chamber and not extracted or another new round is doubled up behind it.Have had gunsmith look at it for two years, still prob persists.My last resort is to put it under my dropsaw.

I just sent my sbe 11 back for the same reason the spent shell would get hung up half way out.I think it could be the ejector or spring also it would sometimes eject the 2ad live round on the ground when I shot the first.Benelli will take care of any problem you might have you will have to send the gun back to them for repair.

my sbe 1 seems to jam quite regualry, the spent cartridge is either left in the chamber and not extracted or another new round is doubled up behind it.Have had gunsmith look at it for two years, still prob persists.My last resort is to put it under my dropsaw.

Sounds good. Put it under the saw. Or you could grow up and maybe contact Benelli CS? Most of the gunsmiths I know are not well trained on repairing Benellis. If a smith cannot fix it the first time, why keep going to him for two years? I have referred many smiths to Brownells for parts. Most don't have the right tools to fix Benellis and or the desire/intelligence to fix a Benelli.

A spent cartridge staying in the chamber is likely an ejector issue. Maybe a gummed up spring? Broken spring? Could also be an extractor issue. Bad spring? Broken spring?

Either way, I bet this is a minor issue that Benelli can easily fix.

I'd send it back soon - call Benelli for a return authorization.

Good luck!

what ammo are ya using ? what kinda cleaning supplies do ya use? maybe too late but how many small pieces is it in?

Oh i was talking about your comment on cutting it into small pieces!! Hey like i said get the info on which shells ya used and post it here and someone will hook ya up on why they do not work, some shells were defective as in brass was bad and were not letting them cycle, and change to a quality oil and lubricant and you should be GTG. My dealer told me the biggest issue was to shoot 3 boxes of the most powerful round i planned to ever use first to give the recoil spring its memorization? still have questions on this but i did some 3 1/2 turkey rounds and i have shot every cheap winchester they sell and no problems. I feel if ya clean that gun and lube it correctly your problems will go away but i do think the kents could be a problem!

Ive tried a number of different types of shells 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 inch all different and just about every manufacture you can think of. loads up to 42 gram 2 3/4 mini mags.This gun seems to have a mind of its own.if some one can assist with helpfull information would be appreciated.

Ive tried a number of different types of shells 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 inch all different and just about every manufacture you can think of. loads up to 42 gram 2 3/4 mini mags.This gun seems to have a mind of its own.if some one can assist with helpfull information would be appreciated.

CS 1-301-283-6981 Sorry ya could not get it shooting but that's the nature of the beast and Benelli will hook you up!! Seems you have a replacement that will take care of anything that needs lead!! Good luck with shotgun? BTW did ya buy new or used SBE!

Vince, the best advice you've gotten you have ignored. As good a gun as the sbe is you apparently are not willing to spend a few dollars to have it fixed by the Benelli CS guys. Why don't you quit griping and giving excuses and send it to Benelli !!!

I brought it for $500nzd which is about $35****.**** it would cost me at least that to send it back and then cost of fixing etc.Not worth the cash would rather try and remedy problem myself.by trial and error.If that doest work then i can use it on my duck boat for a spare oar.

Reading back through your posts, I'd say the issue is one of the following three things:

1. Dirty/rusted chamber. Inspect the chamber to make sure it's clean. Insert ann unfired shell and check the clearances. Insert a fired shell and check the clearances.

2. Headspace. When a shell is inserted in the chamber, is it fully seating and resting on the rim or is it setting out. Are the primers being struck with enough force to place a dent about half the depth of the primer?

3. Ammunition. mudhen did an excellent post on here some months back about some ammo being made out of spec. The rims on the shells were shallow and rounded, not giving the ejector claw enough to grab. When a shell fails to eject, are you seeing a spot on the rim where it's trying to grab, but is slipping off the rim?

The Benelli is a pretty simple machine. It shouldn't be hard to carefully examine the evidence and come up with a reason that it's doing what it's doing.

Some skillful and delicate file work could be a fix, but you have to know enough about the failure to be able to implement the fix.

Tried using remington 3" 1 1/4 once loads of steel.Seemed to cycle ok for now.Have bought some federal steel 3" to try.What is a good reliable load to use for duckshooting.Please give us some feedback on suggested loads and reliable ones thanks.