SBE II POA

pbro21

I don't know what you are talking about, so I've have no reply.

I line the midbead up behind the front bead. Can't see what difference it would make to make the Benelli front bead larger :confused:

I guess you don't want to use the shim kit in your SBE II?

Removing the Benelli front bead is difficult - grasp with a pliers and twist in a counter-clockwise manner. Then buy a new bead and put back in a clockwise manner. It's either 3-56 or 6-48, both short shank.

www.brownells.com has literally 1000's of bead in stock.

mudhen - CA

In reference to your inital post pbro21: Are you using the same ammo consistently? Various brands can pattern different outta the same firearm. What about distance? As you probably know the further you shoot the lower your groups are and vice versa if your shooting closer than usual (pattern high). A quick and simple fix for a firearm that you POSITIVELY know is going to shoot high, is to aim low. Its definitely quick and simple but consistency is bound to suffer. Some of the above factors seem so obvious, yet I've seen the various examples ruin a shooters day.

Thanks for the replys. I have purchased a taller front bead, and will replace that as soon as it comes in to see what difference it makes. For me it is easier to replace a front bead (the stock one doesn't collect much light anyway), seeing as I know very little about adjusting shim to fit. If I still have problems I will take the gun to the gunsmith and have the shim adjusted. FN-FAL it was a pattern at 40 yards, and I tried many different shells including lead, steel and hevi-shot. I'm pretty sure the gun in general is hitting high. Thanks again for the input.

Hey pbro21 for the amount of coin you dropped on your new firearm (I'm guessing well over a grand) I would go back to the dealer. Don't fool around with a new front sight. You could mar the barrel (decreasing the value), who knows. Call your dealer see what they'll do, last resort send it to Benelli.

This has got to be a practical joke :confused:

The SBE II comes with a great cast & drop kit.

Use it for god's sake :(

Take a friggin socket wrench and remove the stock and change the drop setting.

I think they come with C from the factory.

Try D before you send it anywhere.

I disagree with not changing beads though - I have done it many times - sometimes several times a year - no big deal.

mudhen - CA

mudhen, I have never swapped beads on a Benelli. I was going on your post that it was "difficult." Now you contradict yourself by saying its "no big deal"??? I should of never stuck my nose in anyways being as I don't even own an SBE II. I do agree with your advice on the shims. Enough...Back to my hole.

PBro21, Mudhen is giving you solid advice.

If you are hitting high you are likely seeing too much rib, put the next drop shim in and take a look down the rib, it should be flat so that you dont see much of the top of the rib but the bead still perfectly. Its not hard, and doesn't require a gunsmith ( thats why benelli includes them). 15 minutes at the range with your shim kit and you will be ready to rock

A larger front site will make the gun shoot a bit lower because they are taller. They are very easy to install as they just screw in. Unscrew the old one with some non maring pliers or adjustable wrench, put a dab of NON permenant locktite on the thread of the new one and screw it in ( it really is idiot proof ). There are also some stick on ones out there as well as clip on ones. ( I personally like the screw in ones but its all personal choice)

[ 08-17-2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Coloradoryan ]

I know it's a little late, but I am going to throw my two cents in anyway I have to agree with mudhen, I have owned several Benellis and I aways change the front sight and the drop. Its takes all of 15 min. I prefer the HI-VIZ FLASHPOINT SIGHT, and the A drop. Good luck!!

I changed the shims in the gun and bought a new front bead. Mudhen it comes with B from the factory, and there is not a D choice. I tried them all and found the Z drop to be the best. I will take it out and pattern it tonight. I'm not sure where you get your information Drundel, but goose season in my part of Maryland opens September 1st with an 8 bird limit.

When I got my SBEII about 13 months it shot about 14 inches high out of the box. I shimmed the gun and got it down to 12 inches high. I sent the gun into Benelli; they sent it back with a bigger bead!! This does absolutely no good. POI has not changed, I point a shotgun I don't aim it. When I shoot I don't even know there are beads on the gun. Benelli service said yes the gun shot 12 inches high but with the new bead and aiming the gun it only shot 9 inches high. I complained to the service manager and he told me after hunting season to contact him and Benelli would do what ever it took to make it right. Well after several e-mails and 2 unanswered voice messages I gave up and just lived with it. I like a gun to shot high but this was a little too much. My opinion changing the bead does nothing. This is the 4th SBE I have owned and my son has owned 3. He bought his about 2 weeks after I bought mine. His patterned perfectly out of the box. He or I would shoot nothing else!!!