Which 20 to go for?

DocGP

I love my Benelli, but I am looking for a 20 ga. I really like to hunt with a 20ga semi. I picked up an M1 field (I think) and really like the way it handles. I will mostly hunt squirrel and birds. What to do? Would the M1 do fine? Should I look at something else?

Any input appreciated.

Doc

(probably will be a SBEII 12 ga in my future also :D , dang Benelli disease!!!!)

• 3 weeks later...

If ya wanted to spend half the money, for less than 5 Big Ones ya could get a 20 Ga Nova Pump Cammo and have a bag full of squirrel brains! But if ya got have a semi just do it and get a nice M1 Field 20 Ga. Most everyone in Arkansas used .22's cause they did not want the brains to get messed up, i never ate them but most of my friends would cry if ya shot them in the head with a shotgun!! when i cleaned them the head came off about the same time the britches did.:D

Yep, Hogwild,

I know what you mean. My grandad ate squirrel brains his whole life.............uugghh....no thanks. I have been hunting bushy tails for about 30yrs now, and have an 870 and 2 old Savage 20ga pumps. Wonderful guns, but just want a Benelli. Wonderful thing about America!!! Just cause I can!!

Doc

Yep, Hogwild,

I know what you mean. My grandad ate squirrel brains his whole life.............uugghh....no thanks. I have been hunting bushy tails for about 30yrs now, and have an 870 and 2 old Savage 20ga pumps. Wonderful guns, but just want a Benelli. Wonderful thing about America!!! Just cause I can!!

Doc

Makes me sick thinking about it! My Grand Dad had a 1920 era H&R Topper 48 12 Ga Single 30" Full that i started with and them fox squirrels would tear a cypress tree up when i busted loose on them!! did not do too many any good cause i would limit out quick! Still have it and recoil on it makes a Benelli look like a BB Gun!:D Good luck on finding a 20 Ga! 20 is plenty hehe!