1014 and a 11707

M4Fanatic

I was wondering, if I purchased both of these shotguns, could I swap the collapsable stock off of the 1014 and move it to the 11707?

I already have a 11707, but there is a 1014 locally that is on sale. I was thinking that instead of paying 700 for a stock, I'd purchase another M4 for 1400 and then just swap the stocks.

Also, I would then put a standard (non pistol grip) stock on the 1014.

Thanks in advance.

ecross27,

Can you expand on that? My understanding is that the stocks are indentical, but the buffer tube on the 1014 is not notched to allow it to collapse. To make sure I'm understanding you correctly, if I swap the stock from the 1014 to the 11707, it will not collapse just as it doesn't on the 1014, even though the 11707 has the correct notches?

If that is the case, then the 1014 stock is not identical to the collapsable stock as I've been told many times.

look man,,its all in the tube for colllapsing,,not in the stock,,,an M1014 stock will work on any Benelli M4 as long as the tube is milled,,think,,the tube is the key,, not the stock,,all of the skeletized collaspible stocks are the same.

take your weapon down to the shop where the other one is and ask to try a fit and feel test ,if so then you'll know for sure,,do it during a lull in the shop time/with a good counter guy,,plus,if they stall,, tell them if the test is good,,you'll buy it,,go do it,pretend your a betting man,,and the wager is the loss or gain of your Benelli,,would you really bet on some unknown ,,with a silly handle like dipsh!t27 or a well known factor thats tried/true/tested on this forum,,if your a real M4fanatic like me ,,,I'm sure you'll put your money where your mouth is and do the next thing rite.

If you have an 11707 gun and a collapsible stock there is a 100% chance it will fit, barring of course, a defective gun or stock assembly. Don't listen to the other guy ; he is mistaken. Before you do this however, why don't you call Arnold @ lesalesusa.com and discuss your needs with him.

Sir,

Since not being able to add collapsable stock parts kit(less tube) successfully to a 11707 several years ago is a fact---stock will not collapse as there is/was no flat area on tube.

Since one poster suggest "the other fella" is apparently so wrong. Then the most logical thing is to follow the advice of M1014 and try it out to see.

That way you will not have to listen to all us know-it-alls!

Ecross27:

You seem to imply that the reason it didn't work for you was that the tube on the 11707 did not allow for collapsable stocks to work, not that the stock you had was different from the collapsable stocks on the market.

If that is the case, then you were in possession of defective parts. I can vouch for the fact that the 11707 model will accept the collapsable/skeleton stock parts, and will allow them to operate as expected.

If the skeleton stock on the M1014 is physically different from the collapsable stocks, then there may be a problem. All indications are that the stocks themselves are the same, but the M1014 lacks the notched recoil spring tube required to allow the stock to collapse.

I've been mixmatching for years,,long before most of you could spell m4 let alone M1014,don't doubt your Benelli M1014/M4 daddy ,which is me,,ever again,,or you will remain in fools corner for God and all to see,then again,its kinda entertaining really,,382419.jpg