Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
sdkidaho

Hey Junior, I need your help

Pinewood Derby car. We're supposed to do a car that is shaped like an animal and I had been considering doing some decoy carving anyway and thought it would be fun to try a duck for the car.

I thought these were father and son projects, who is doing all the work here? I made a few with the kids myself and I think I ended up having more fun with it than they did. Cool design.

Pinewood Derby is usually Cub Scout stuff, but we're doing it at a church activity. We're having a bbq that night (husbands and wives) and the guys are racing their cars afterwards.

Junior - I need one more pic if you please. I need a shot from the top down so I can see the lines on the ducks back to be able to duplicate the wings just a little bit.

Thanks man.

I hope these do it for you, if not just let me know. I don't know how the heck you made that thing symmetrical. I made a boat in wood shop before I was homeschooled, the sides didn't match eachother, it was a project we were doing, everyone had to make one, then we raced them to see which design was the fastest. Mine was not even close. I'll add a picture of it later.

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

Thanks man. As for symmetrical - yeah, it isn't 100%, but it's not too bad. It should go down the track anyway. Thanks again for the pics.

Sweet, looks like a canvas back. Nice job dude!

Heres that boat I made in 5th grade.

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

Not to bad for 5th grade. We had some wood tools, some sand paper, and a saw. We also made one out of foam, the foam one looked better IMO, but the school kept that one.