Collapsible stock on m1014

Scranton

Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum. I just bought a used M4 with one of those dorky fake skeletonized stocks. I have a line on buying a true collapsible stock but I'm unsure how to next proceed. Is it best to have a gunsmith mill the gas tube or somehow obtain and have fittted the newer tube? anybody know any smiths who are good at this ?

Thanks for your help.:confused:

Hey Scranton .. from what I hear it will prob cost a bit to have the gas tube milled and that really is your only option with the model you have just search the forum and you will find the info on the smith.. my thoughts would be to replace the skeleton stock with the full pistol grip stock or the reg stock.. or buy an 11707 and switch the stocks and have 2 kick arse M4's, as I think your stock will collapse if the tube is milled.. either way congrats on your buy!!

OK, i found a thread that mentions a gunsmith in tampa florida who did this but the info is several years old. I haven't contacted that gunsmith yet. I figured that there might be more current info out there. Also, I live in Pennsylvania and was wondering if there was someone closer who had experience and could dothe work.

Problem is, I don't know if these people have ever done this before. I did track down a gunsmith mentioned in an old post who used to be in Tampa, fla and now is in georgia. Ithink I'm gonna have him do the work unless anyone has a closer smith or a better idea:)

Problem is, I don't know if these people have ever done this before. I did track down a gunsmith mentioned in an old post who used to be in Tampa, fla and now is in georgia. Ithink I'm gonna have him do the work unless anyone has a closer smith or a better idea:)

I do not think you will find many that have done this type of mod anywhere? good luck!:)

You might consider just putting one of socomguys full length ext's on that gun and either selling the collapsible to pay for your gun or get a 11707 model and swap the stocks. One will collapse, one won't. Big deal, cause you will have two VERY kick arse shotguns! Have fun with your new gun.