How to paint your own shotgun

sdkidaho

The camo on my charles daily has held up for 3 years now, that gun has seen some abuse, its got a bit of rust, jams every now and then due to inferior parts, but the film on it hasn't faded, its really durable, doesn't come off easily, if they put the same stuff on the benellis then I'd be happy with that.

Thanks for the info Darby, if I can get some trigger work done on an SBE II, I'm going with that, I've been on a few forums and I don't like what I'm hearing about the Xtrema 2.

That's a photoshop I posted here a while back.

Now you've got me wondering if someone at Benelli didn't take a little more than a passing interest in it.

Oh well, I'm sure the check's in the mail :rolleyes:

I did some other designs as well.

I'll post them tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a product called Dura Coat that by all accounts works very well. You can do solid or camo schemes. You can check it out on the DS Arms website, they put it on their FAL"s and AR's.

Liberty, why don't you like the Extrema? Ihave heard the new SBE's have had trouble with the recoil pads and that the little rubber chevrons in the stock get hard over time (like any recoil pad does) and have to be replaced. I have an older SBE Camo from '97 with a kick ezz pad. No trouble from this old gal; however I like my Beretta AL391 Camo for hunting better because it kicks less and I no longer feel the need to fire 3.5" shells. I've found I kill ducks out to 40-50 yards better actually with 2.75" mags. I don't know why, but I do.

Liberty, why don't you like the Extrema? Ihave heard the new SBE's have had trouble with the recoil pads and that the little rubber chevrons in the stock get hard over time (like any recoil pad does) and have to be replaced

I'm hearing more bad then I am good. Things breaking on them, not even with 500 rounds through them. I haven't heard problems from the 3" berettas, just the new Xtrema, and I'm a 3-1/2" guy. I used mostly 3" last year for geese and ducks, but I like having the option of the 3-1/2" shells.

The recoil pad problem, haven't heard enough about it to worry, and I hear way to many good things about Benelli's CS to worry to much about it. :D