Advice??

nw tenn duckslayer

Just purchased a new SBEII. Haven't fired it yet and was curious to know what size shells i need to break it in with. Also, how many rounds to break it in. Used to have a original sbe about 8 yrs ago. Been shooting Browning lite 10 since, but got tired of packing that thing around in the swamps so it got traded in on this SBEII w/comfortech. Also, how much better of a gun is the SBEII compared to the original. I noticed it has that same great pointability as the original. Maybe even better than my ol' Belgium A-5. Thanks

Just purchased a new SBEII. Haven't fired it yet and was curious to know what size shells i need to break it in with. Also, how many rounds to break it in. Used to have a original sbe about 8 yrs ago. Been shooting Browning lite 10 since, but got tired of packing that thing around in the swamps so it got traded in on this SBEII w/comfortech. Also, how much better of a gun is the SBEII compared to the original. I noticed it has that same great pointability as the original. Maybe even better than my ol' Belgium A-5. Thanks

3 to 4 boxes of heavy loads like manual suggested, my dealer said use the heaviest rounds ya plan on ever using to break it in for spring memorization. must mean something cause i have never had a malfunction! never owned SBE so can't compare?

Differences:

Comfortech Stock

Gelpad

Airtouch grips

Stainless recoil system

Crio treated barrels and exteneded choke tubes

Run two or three boxes of heavy field loads at a minimum.

About 30 rounds of 3.5" heavy loads will do nicely too.

After the break-in rounds, disassemble and clean the gun thoroughly per my guide.

Oh, almost forgot.

!!!!!! ??????

I also recently bought a SBEII, black, comfortech. I had no idea that i had to shoot heavy loads to break it in. I think i probably put 150 2.75s through it and it started to malfunction, mostly just not throwing the shells out. Then i blasted about 20 or so 3.5 BBB through it and now it hasnt missed a beat. Its got about 800-1000 shells through it and it hasn't malfunctioned.