Surefire M80 Picatinny rail update -- request for interest

topcover

Howdy All,

Checked in with Surefire today (again). The M80 forend for the M4/M1014 is just about ready to become available (still no picture but they said they will get me one as soon as possible). The powers the be at Surefire are only going to produce a small quantity of M80s and they asked me to ask everyone who is interested in purchasing one (besides yours truly). My military and LE friends amount to about 20 operators. Who else wants one (and just because you say you want one by no means you are responsible to buy one)? Speak up and I'll pass the level of interest on to Surefire next week.

-x

p.s. looks like the previous quote of $215.00 is accurate.

BTW: I just received and mounted a newly-made Mesa Tactical 8 round Sureshell Shotshell Carrier. The fit and finish is excellent and I am very happy with it. I was initially shy about getting the eight round version (to replace a smaller one) as I wondered if it would get in the way of my hand on the grip -- it doesn't.

It is my pleasure to help. I've had some great feedback and assistance from people in this forum and keeping engaged with Surefire is my way to be of some value to my fellow M4 operators.

No need for a list. Surefire wants a rough estimate so they can make sure they produce enough M80s to take care of those who have been waiting for the item (between all of us, I suspect Surefire will find a reasonable amount of eventual M80 customers considering how many Marines, Coasties and LE M4/M1014 operators there are). I get the feeling that the quicker I get Surefire a fairly hard number of interested customers, the quicker we will get the M80s on our weapons.

If anyone in the LE or military community wants my Surefire contact's info -- let me know and I'll hand that over (just send me an e-mail) as to take me out of the middle and to get your order out front.

Cheers,

-Mark

Actually, my Surefire rep has been in touch with me. As of yesterday (Tuesday 29 May) there is still no picture of the new M80 forend. I was promised again that I will get the image as soon as it is available (and I will post it here ASAP).

-x

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen them for sale at many internet places for the last two years, when I call they say they are unavailable but taking back-orders. I was not able to find them on the surefire site jftfi- where did you see them on surefire? (M80 Benelli M4 picatinny forend)

I emailed one of the vendors regarding availability. Here is their reply:

These are not available at this time, but we can take orders for them. We have had them on order, but none have ever been delivered and we don't have an expected date of arrival. Sorry, Surefire has not been a lot of help with this one.

They are available now. Run a search on google. I just saw one place were they are on sale. $215.00 ship today. Surefire has them for sale on their site, but still no picture, wonder why

Yea but who has one that was actually shipped from one of these companies and not just put on back order?