Brothers turkey.....

My brother got this today, it is the last day of spring Turkey season. He got this one with a bow, stalk hunted him. There was 4 total, 3 gobblers and a hen. This was the second biggest in the group, one was a few pounds heavier, and looked like he had a bigger beard. I saw the group from the house, watched them through the binoculars while my brother got ready. He went into the woods about 200 yards from the spot they entered, and stalked them. Came out a while later with this guy. I'd say he was about 12-15 pounds, not a very big bird, but he had a 3/4" worn down spur, and a very small 1/4" spur that looked new not worn down, and a 9" beard.

Something to look at is his head, it was full of scabs or something, mine had a perfect head, not even a scratch. Look for yourself.

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

Something to look at is his head, it was full of scabs or something, mine had a perfect head, not even a scratch. Look for yourself.

It looks like that bird had been shot at already.

Maybe with Dead Coyote at 173 yards? :D

How do Montana turkeys get syphilis??

If you still have the head you may want to put it in the freezer until you can get it to a state wildlife biologist. If you gutted it, did the entrails look somewhat normal (since it was a bow kill) or were they scabby as well? Oh yeah, and wash your hands too.