SBE II Accuracy?

BuckNut

I recently purchased a SBE II with slug barrel and vent rib barrel. The gun shoots wonderfully when using the slug barrel and Winchester sabots but I can't hit the broad side of a barn with the vent rib. I've been shooting a Remington 1100 for nearly 20 years and think I just need to get used to the new fit. The gun patterns well but at the skeet range I'm hitting 50% or less. I’ve tried increasing my lead, decreasing my lead, holding high, holding low, et cetera. I don't claim to be an expert shot but with my 1100 I typically hit 22 or 23 of 25. Any thoughts would sure be welcome. I'm really frustrated!

Not an uncommon issue with Benellis.

I'd start playing the shim game.

I'm guessing you may be shooting high. My SBE II came with the A shim installed and shot high for me.

I switched to C (actually a C with a shaved down A to try to make a D), and the gun shoots better for me.

mudhen - CA

Mudhen - Thanks for the help. I'll pull the stock and see what it has installed. Is there a way for me to tell what I should be shooting (which shim) based on how the gun feels when I shoulder it or do I just need to spend time at the range and play with the shims?