M-4 with Lasermax laser/light combo

SGTMAJ

As the military rep for Lasermax I spent last weekend shooting and testing our 1202 sight on the M-4 with the Marine Anti-Terrorism company. We fired everything from low brass birdshot to buckshot to slugs. No malfunctions at all with the 1202 attached. Used the laser at low lighting conditions to fire slugs point of aim point of impact at 50+ yardsIt was a tackdriver. Balance and handling were fine the Marines said they would like to have them on their M-4s for the next deployment. Any body out there want more info drop me a line.

27920023.jpg 27920006.jpg 27920012.jpg 27920014.jpg

Originally posted by M4Madness:

Looks like a neat set-up. smile.gif

That Marine sure looks awkward though, with his stock collapsed and his eye right up to the rear sight. :eek:

Yea we had them firing from all positions, with the flack on and SAPI plates in, helmet on, it does look funny but the M-4 fires well . We were trying to see which worked better during all light levels day/dusk/dark the iron sights or the lasers. The lasers won once they were zeroed they could be fired from the hip . no need to bring the weapon up to your eye, alot less time to aim, can be used as a breaching shotgun from behind cover with standoff distance, put the laser dot on the breach point stand back a shoot.

Thanks for the interesting pics.

Is this the same 1202 unit your site lists as for the 870, or are you making any changes for the M4 ?

I see this mounted on the military M4. The civilian M4 has the two piece magazine tube, and it looks like your sight would have to be placed right where the overlapped threaded section is on our M4s. Will your units work on this oversized section of the two piece civilian tubes or only the straight mil spec tubes ?

On re-reading my post, I can see how it could get confusing on what I was asking, so I am attaching a pic from my M4 showing the optional magazine extension in place with the dimensions. From this, you can see why I was asking if your laser/light unit would have problems fitting the civilian guns due to the thicker skirt covering the threaded connection between the tubes.

Close.jpg

Originally posted by STA:

On re-reading my post, I can see how it could get confusing on what I was asking, so I am attaching a pic from my M4 showing the optional magazine extension in place with the dimensions. From this, you can see why I was asking if your laser/light unit would have problems fitting the civilian guns due to the thicker skirt covering the threaded connection between the tubes.

Close.jpg

Originally posted by SGTMAJ:

quote:
Originally posted by STA:

Yes this is the same 1202 that fits on Rem 870. I am checking with our engineers to see if this will fit on the OD of the civilian models. Cant give you answers to the OD dimensions of the M-4 tube. The weapons were are no longer at my disposal, however I will contact the Marines to see if they will give me those figures. Also I plan to post other pics soon as I can get them down loaded and onto this forum.

Close.jpg

For those of you that have e-mailed me to ask how can I get one for my benelli m-4. Right now the best place to get them is US Calvery they are not in the catalog or online yet but will be soon. However after talking to them they said call 800-219-7647 or 270 219-7647 ask for Brittany tell her you want the Lasermax 1202 shotgun sight its made for the 870 ect but as you see in the photos it fits and shoots like a dream. normal MSRP is 399 how ever US Calvery is selling them for 269. They have a few in stock right now.

Originally posted by M4Madness:

According to my wife's NRA magazine "Woman's Outlook", there's a $100 rebate on the LMS-1202 that is valid through May 30, 2006, but there is no info about it on LaserMax's website.

I see the same $100 rebate in the may 06 Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement.

HERES THE DEAL. Lasermax is going to stop the 100 dollar rebate as of May 30th thats why its no longer on the web. As long as you buy a 1202 sight by may 30th ( have the receipt with a date prior to that Laser max has to horor that) Call 1-800-LASER-03 and they will mail you a coupon for the certificate. Or if you LE or military I can get you a military discount. even for ones and twos

Originally posted by SGTMAJ:

Yes this is the same 1202 that fits on Rem 870. I am checking with our engineers to see if this will fit on the OD of the civilian models.

Any word yet how the 1202 will work with the civilian magazine extensions where it steps up from 25.5 to 27.5mm ??

OUR ENGINEERS ARE NOT SURE IT WILL WORK ON THE STANDARD ONES. WE ARE WAITING ON BENELLI TO GET A CIVILIAN TUBE EXTENSION TO SEE IF IT WILL FIT. AS SOON AS I KNOW AND TRY IT ILL LET YOU KNOW EITHER WAY IF ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE TRIES IT FIRST LET ME KNOW.

Just got our Benelli M-4 in today came with the standard Marine tube as well as the civilian duck plug and the benelli extension tube. For those of you asking the Marine tube OD is 1.0080 the OD of the duck plug is 1.0885 at the widest part and the OD of the Benelli extension tube is 1.0860 at the widest part and 1.0050 at the narrowest part. The 1202 Lasermax light/laser combination will work on the Marine tube or if you have an aftermarket tube thats 1 piece with an OD the same as the Marine tube. If any of you guys come up with a solution to get it on the duck plug models or the buldging extension tubes let me know.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...