Benelli M4 Choke Tubes

deButschi

Hi!

My M4 came with a modified choke tube only. The choke is black all over.

Now I want to buy Cyl., IC and full chokes. But all the Benelli chokes I can find have the usual mirror finish. So is there a difference in Benelli chokes for sporting guns and the Benelli chokes for the M4 besides the color/choating? Where can I get the real M4 chokes?

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/partsAccessoriesChokes.tpl

The chokes here seem black to me? Extended Standard and Standard. see list at bottom of this link for application! If you are looking fro the standard issue that they used to come with ya might wanta call CS and ask them, but Benelli Italia were the ones putting and not putting tubes in the boxes prior to shipping to US i think? any authorized dealer can order the standard factory chokes for about 25$ ea if they do not have them in stock, some store here are stocking different models!

Yea, don't waste your time with Customer Service over the choke tubes. I purchased the Ultralight that was advertised as having 5 choke tubes, and when I saw only 3, Gander Mountain said I had to call CS. CS basically told me to stick it in my ear.

Doc

The 07 Catalog says 3 tubes for Ultralight and you look on the webpage and it says 5? M4's used to ship w 3 but they changed it to 1? If your Ultralight has a Year proof code "CB"=2007 ya supposed to get 3 chokes,if it was "CA"=2006 ya should get 5? sounds like ya got a 2007?

Well, it is a '07, but the advertising was at GM. It was printed on the display at the store. My fault for not investigating further, and I am not at all disappointed in the gun. Already picked up a full-choke for geese. Just a minor irritation more than anything, and I kind of got frustrated with CS for the tone, acted like it was my fault.

Oh well, cool gun anyhow!!

Doc

• 3 weeks later...

If your looking for the cyl and improve cyl I have the part numbers. One of the stock numbers for the cyl has a "P" at the end. I was told they come in the chrome finish and if you get the one with the P listed that means it is a packaged item and it will come in black.

Cyl= 80065P

IC= 80058P

Cyl., SKEET, IC and maybe a MOD. for fifty yard 00 buck buffered full power loads. No penetration on the reduced recoil loads. Those are for Female Officers shooting pumps lol. Hard to beat a SKEET constriction in a combat shotgun for buck and slugs IMO- try it and see for yourself. Briley in houston makes excellent chokes in black. If the choke is not an extended choke the black ain't really gonna matter, unless it just bothers you.

My M4 came with just a modified choke. I sent one email to Benelli and immediately received a reply that explained this was a problem they were aware of with some of the M4s that had been shipped. Both a cylinder and an improved choke (black) showed up in my mailbox (free of charge) a week later.

I ordered a cyl choke from Brownells on the web. It was black and a Benelli Factory part.

Stock Number #301-000-232 Choke Tube 2G Flush Cylinder $34.30

Made a big difference in shooting clays. They said it is a good all around choke for slugs, steel shot, lead shot etc.

Hope that helps.

Now I'm curious. Does anyone know the difference in:

#301-000-339 Choke Tube, 3G, Flush, Improved Cylinder, Black $34.29

and

#301-000-229 Choke Tube, 2G, Flush, Improved Cylinder $27.30

I looked on there web page and couldn't get any clarification.

Suggestion...call the customer svs and ask. They will explain the difference.

This is the cust. svs. number for Brownell's.

1-800-741-0015