Memmorial Day in Sandland

HOGWILD

Just a shout out to all in the Big Sandbox! Yall are making us safer here at home by taking the fight to them and I know a lot of people that wish yall a happy Memorial Day!! Take care and stay safe, i was deployed during Desert Shield/Storm 217 days and i know how hard Holidays are being away from family and friends!! Thanks for for serving!!:)

Just a shout out to all in the Big Sandbox! Yall are making us safer here at home by taking the fight to them and I know a lot of people that wish yall a happy Memorial Day!! Take care and stay safe, i was deployed during Desert Shield/Storm 217 days and i know how hard Holidays are being away from family and friends!! Thanks for for serving!!:)

Respectfully, where we need to "take the fight" is right on our own border! We're being invaded and our military needs to defend our own country- not "nation build" over in friggen Iraq. I support the troops enough to not want another kid to have to die over there so King George can have his little oil war and Exxon can make 32 billion dollars this year. WMD's my *ss.

Oh, and don't even get me started on Hillary or Barak HUSSEIN Obama. Where the H*ll is our country going: oh, wait- I hear a flushing sound.

Somehow, I get the feeling that our Founding Fathers and all the men who have given their lives and blood for this great country would't be to thrilled to see the the direction our nation has taken as of late.

I watched these guys every evening go Scud Hunting/Close Air Support and all 14 payed the ultimate sacrifice defending our freedom. My thoughts and prayers go out to them and their families. http://www.specialops.org/pu_spirit03.asp. Same goes out for all the fallen heros of OIF & OEF and to their families. Memorial day is a day to pay respect to our fallen troops and honor them for their selfless devotion to duty!

The troops serving presently are of the finest caliber that have ever bloused a BDU and require all due respect!!:)

Ok, fair enough guys. I too think our troops deserve the ultimate respect and the best equipment that is available. However, I will not sit back and say nothing about our current state of affairs while our finest are giving the the ultimate sacrifice. It our duty to speak out as a citizen of this great nation when you believe things are not right. This is what all the sacrifice heretofore has been about IMHO. I thank every service person for their service on this Memorial Day.

Respectfully, where we need to "take the fight" is right on our own border! We're being invaded and our military needs to defend our own country- not "nation build" over in friggen Iraq. I support the troops enough to not want another kid to have to die over there so King George can have his little oil war and Exxon can make 32 billion dollars this year. WMD's my *ss.

Oh, and don't even get me started on Hillary or Barak HUSSEIN Obama. Where the H*ll is our country going: oh, wait- I hear a flushing sound.

Somehow, I get the feeling that our Founding Fathers and all the men who have given their lives and blood for this great country would't be to thrilled to see the the direction our nation has taken as of late.

There is nothing respectful about either of your posts. Your ignorant and tasteless choice of words in a Memorial Day post is a slap in the face to those who didn't come home. As a Veteran, I'm offended and disgusted by what you've written, and even more so by your sorry attempt to cover it back up. The other Veteran who started this post to honor our fallen brothers didn't ask for your political views or any type of thanks. If you really want to thank a Veteran, dead or alive, just say nothing and keep to yourself next Memorial Day....it's only one day a year.

I second that. It just amazes me how many cowards bad mouth this war (Which needed to be done by the way) and they have never served in the military. I was in the Marines for 4 years and now have been a cop for 19 years defending this awsome country we live in. For all the fallen from this great country, may you rest in peace brothers and sisters and we will never forget.

Johnny, I fought for this country and also was in the first Persian Gulf war. Myself and many others fought so you could have the opportunity to be able to express your beliefs and opinions. However, if you want to have a discussion about our political situation here in this great country of ours do it in a new thread here in the forum. However, next year please keep comments to yourself on Memorial Day unless you are giving honors to those who serve, has served or made the ultimate sacrifice.

I respect our troops enough to speak out against an unjust and wrongheaded war. We'll ultimately see who's right when they are flying the the last helicopter off the embassy roof 69 Beers. I guess you didn't learn the lesson of Veitnam very well, did ya. Hopefully, we won't have to loose 50,000 more kids in this one, like we did in 'Nam. Our country was founded by revolutionary guerrilla fighters. They were excellent defensive fighters. That still stands today, in that we don't do very well when we get ourselves in an offensive type war. History shows that except for Panama, or a Grenada type police action, we get our *sses handed to us unless we are fighting defensively, like in WWII. We NEEDED to go into Afghanistan to DEFEND our country, but not Iraq. Now because we are spread so thin, the friggen Taliban are re-taking ground in Afghanistan while we are trying to prop up our puppet gov't in Iraq (just like we did in Vietnam).

The Saddam dictatorship was not exactly a model government by anyones standards, but it was a secular gov't and was run by Sunni's. Saddams Baathists kept the religious fundamentalist ruthlessly in check. America is not going to be able to do this without using secrete police style tactics.Damn, we can't even run an ABU Graib for christsakes! Remember the Baathists Party was modelled to a large degree after the Nazi Party (yeah, you can look it up). America doesn't seem to good with Nazi style occupations and that's why we will probably end up with a Shia' Ayatolla like Muqtada al Sadr running the place when we finally leave. Somebody far worse (for us ) than Saddam. Remember what those guy's were chanting when they hung Saddam?

I agree that this thread was the wrong place to vent about the war in retrospect, live and learn, AND FOR THIS I APOLOGIZE. Now can we all get back to talking about weapons again since we are't doing any good banging heads talking about the war.

Johnny: I have a funny feeling you are not thru talking about it and with your knowledge of American History i am sure you will be corrected more than you could ever imagine! I will not apologize for paying tribute to our Fallen Heros and the Heros that fight for my freedom as we speak. As i would not believe your appologies were sincere since that's all you have done is appologize. I do apologize to Forum for starting a thread that has lead to Johnny's moronic tirade on current affairs, as this was nothing but a Patriotic gesture that seemed to have went south and needs to go away. Johnny if ya feel it needs to escaltate please do it by PM and if ya feel like PM'n me do not bother until ya learn to respect a VET! In other words do not bother!

Johnny: I have a funny feeling you are not thru talking about it and with your knowledge of American History i am sure you will be corrected more than you could ever imagine! I will not apologize for paying tribute to our Fallen Heros and the Heros that fight for my freedom as we speak. As i would not believe your appologies were sincere since that's all you have done is appologize. I do apologize to Forum for starting a thread that has lead to Johnny's moronic tirade on current affairs, as this was nothing but a Patriotic gesture that seemed to have went south and needs to go away. Johnny if ya feel it needs to escaltate please do it by PM and if ya feel like PM'n me do not bother until ya learn to respect a VET! In other words do not bother!

Allright, I support the the troops but disagree with the gov't position on this war.

I already apologized for venting on this thread. This was the wrong day and thread to vent on and it's pretty apparent that I p*ssed quite a few folks off here. Liquor drinking and posting are about as good an idea as liquor and full autos (fun, but it will eventually catch up with ya). You can accept the apology, or not, and it's pretty clear it's a not. Anyhow, I'm done with this thread, so flame away boys.