Benelli SS or Beretta Extrema 2?

solocam72

I have a Super Nova and really enjoying shooting clays but I feel I want to take it to a new level and go Semi auto, I went and looked at guns today, I really like the way the Super Sport fits and feels, I also like the Beretta Extrema 2 it fit me well also. Which one of these is the better gun? All I plan to use it for is shooting clays, like I said both guns fit me very well maybe a slight edge better with the Super Sport. Sorry if this Q. has been asked before and I missed it, as you all know it's quite a bit of money either way and I would like to feel I got the best gun, any advantages or disadvantages between the 2, I have been buying the cheap ammo at walmart 2 3/4" 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 shot, will these guns cycle this stuff without any problems? Thanks

Hi,

Both are great guns and you couldn't go wrong with either. I don't have an Extrema 2, so I can't really comment on it , but a couple of my friends do, and they use their's solely for hunting. I just recently purchased a Super Sport. Like you, I wanted a gun solely for shooting clays. I did my research, and narrowed my choices to the Super Sport and the Beretta AL 391 Technys Gold Sporting. They were priced about the same , but I liked the fit and feel of the SS, much better. The SS is light, is a soft shooter and with it's 2 piece receiver, is quick and easy to clean.

Both the SS and the Extrema should cycle the lighter loads. I haven't shot anything less than 1 1/8 oz., but from what I have read, the SS should cycle 1 oz. loads. I'm going to give it a try , soon. Also, the Extrema 2 is a 3 1/2" gun. Personally, I don't need a 3 1/2 " gun for clays or for hunting. If the fit and feel of the SS is better for you , then I would say get it. I promise that you will absolutely love the gun!

Well I made my decision, I bought the Benelli Super Sport 30" barrel, The gun fits me like a glove!! I just got done shooting 15 rounds through it, this gun cycles really fast and very smooth!!! I will post later on how I do at shooting clays with it.

Well I couldn't wait till this weekend to try out my new SS on clays so I set my thrower up in the back yard and went at it by my self (I have no immediate neighbors and a mountain as my backstop) I did really good with the gun, My thrower is mounted on a big thick steel plate, It is manual and will throw doubles, (makes it more challenging turning the clays loose and shooting by youself :eek:) I shot a box of shells through my gun and hit all but 2 clays :D I have the IC choke in my gun, my thrower really gets em out there it has an extra heavy home made spring, I noticed most of the clays I hit broke up in larger pieces, I am very new to this sport and dont know how to choose the right choke, this new gun came with 5 chokes, I know the full choke will dust them, this is a learning game for me and so far I really like it, I'm sure I am going to get schooled by the guy's at the range but I am having fun learning.

You may want to ask some of the other shooters at your local sporting clays club which choke they would recommend. Most folks I know shoot either IC or Improved modified. Most gun shops also can give you good information as to what choke you should use for clays. Have Fun!

• 2 weeks later...