High Horse

rooster31

Ya know some of you people need to get off your high horses and realize that we all have the same interests, SHOOTING and HUNTING.

I just don't understand some of you people, If you don't spell correctly or use correct paragraphing some of you rush to log in and create a post to call them on it and that's it, not to answer their question but to ridicule them about proper grammar.

Then when a new member posts a question about a topic that may have been written about already some of you rush to log in and reply to the new member that basically they have just made a grave mistake by not using the search tool to find the topic.

Did it ever occur to you that some people that are new to somthing would just like to ask a question to someone that has been at it awhile and with far more experiance than them.

Man I would hate to think that any of you have KIDS, what do you do when your kids come home from school or day care and ask a simple question that to most is common knowledge??? Do you jump down there throat and tell them to go use the search button?? Or just tell them to go ask someone that cares??

Just stop and think about it when you were a little green behind the ears and asked an elder about something you were interested in did they treat you like an idiot.

Now I know when most of you were getting into waterfowling that not all of you knew how to blow a call rather it be goose or duck, recently I called Tim Grounds and Buck Gardner to ask them a few questions about calling and shooting, they were both very happy to help and they corrected me on some things with a totally positive attitude, and they have been asked the same questions over and over again.

It's hard to believe that some of you even hunt, with the number of posts that some have how DO you find time to hunt??? :confused:

Now I own a Benelli just like most of you, but I guess I don't feel like that gives me the right to look down on someone!!!

So next time someone asks, what to you is a stupid question, put your self in their shoes and think about it, any dummy can tell them to use the search tool, but only someone that knows the answer can politely tell them the answer. :D :D :D

I guess that some people just need to get a LIFE!!!

Well if someone has had a bad experiance with a certian product we should all want to know about it, either so we can stay away from that product or maybe we own one and we can find a solution.

As far as raging on a person, Benelli should not tolerate that and we should notify an admin. and they should remove the post promptly, or here's an idea JUST IGNORE IT and not post, Be the bigger person!!!

I try to help people as much as I can.

I answer peoples questions as often as I see them posted, whenever I know the answers (and sometimes when I don't smile.gif ).

But then again, what do you have against high horses?

High%20Horse.jpg

edited

[ 09-29-2006, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Duggan ]

Duggan,

Clear your cache and reload.

The picture only works after you've been there once.

GIS is cool, isn't it?

rooster,

I know I get terse and I know I get downright nasty with some newbs on here sometimes.

I was raised old school and I was taught to fish, rather than to ask for fish and hope someone provided them to me.

When a newb hits these forums, asking a newb question, and being obvious that they haven't taken the time to read their manual, or search the forums, or even read the disclaimer about this forum not being a conduit for customer service, I will let them know that they've come in the wrong door, so to speak.

However, I try to ultimately help as many people as I can.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to spend most of my days in front of the computer, so I have the opportunity to answer a lot times before people with real jobs even see the questions.

This makes my post count pretty high, but it doesn't mean I know any more than you or anyone else here, excluding M1014 of course :D

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—Author unknown

variations....

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you will not have to listen to his incessant whining about how hungry he is.”—Author unknown

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.”—Author unknown

rooster31 speak your mind bro.You are right , I will lighten up myself, but you did spell "something" and "experience" wrong. I quote you... :eek:

"Did it ever occur to you that some people that are new to somthing would just like to ask a question to someone that has been at it awhile and with far more experiance than them".

Just teasin ya man. Take care. tongue.gif

[ 09-28-2006, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: AR-BALLISTIC ]

My first question on this forum was a two part question - the first was a question for another guy that was having trouble with his Benelli, and the second part was something I wanted to know.

Tucker was the first one to respond.

My second question was about barrel length. Often beat to death in this forum I've noticed.

Tucker was the first one to respond.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to defend Tucker. He's a big boy and can give as well as he gets, but he as well as some of the others that I'm sure you are thinking of, give a lot of help to people on this forum.

Yes, some responses come across as unkind from some of the members here, but I think a lot of that has to do with how any post is presented in the first place. Is that a good enough excuse? Probably not, but it is nice to see a little common sense used from time to time.

If you personally don't like the answer someone else has given then the answer to that is to answer the question yourself in a way you find appropriate. If a post is offensive to you then by all means, click on the little picture of the whistle and report it, but don't expect a moderator to remove or edit every post you report as your opinion is just that, yours, and may not be shared by everyone else. You do however, have the right to report anything you feel is out of line.

Not everyone is well versed in netiquette, unfortunately, so a little education isn't out of line. How it's presented varies of course, from user to user, but this again goes back to my statement of enjoying common sense from time to time.

You are absolutely right that anyone that comes here seeking answers should get help, though I would argue that line of thought with this:

When I go to someone elses home, and ask a question, I speak clearly, I am polite, and I do not do so without attempting to have looked up the answer myself first.

I don't believe for a minute that anyone who was capable of logging into the internet, finding this forum, and capable of typing out a message, couldn't have done a little research on their own, or even made an attempt to type out a message that is something everyone can understand. Spelling and grammar aside, it's nice to be able to understand what someone is trying to ask. Fortunately I'm fluent in typo. ;)

Regardless of all of that, people will always come here and ask questions here first rather than looking for themselves (even me). I think everyone here understands that. It's why thousands of those questions get answered all the time.

Be that as it may, I would hope those new people at least make an attempt to present their question intelligently, without coming out saying how bad this product or that product sucks, and how they are going to tell everyone they know to never buy from company X, or without us having to find a thirteen year old to translate the dude-speak or shorthand because they were too lazy to type out a whole word.

It's a two way street.

And reading back through your question, you asked something that you yourself had all of the needed parts to answer. Right?

Yes, anyone could have just answered that knew, but it seemed sort of odd to ask a question that you could answer with everything you had physically before you.

Others saying "try it out" wasn't the answer you wanted, but it was the logical, and or common sense, answer, don't you agree? Presentation of the answer aside, the answer itself made sense. Correct?

[ 09-30-2006, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: sdkidaho ]

Tucker this post was NOT ment to point fingers at you, it was ment to open the eyes of everyone who posts on this site and encourage people that are new to the sport by asking simple questions and getting knowledgeable answers.

I'm just saying WELCOME and ENCOURAGE the sport that we love so much, without new people comming into this sport someday it will be gone!!