Nova Pump and Slugs

graydj

Hello everyone!

I have a stock Benelli Nova Pump 26" Advantage Max-4 HD 12-gauge (Benelli Item #20076) and a Nova H2O Pump 18.5" 12-gauge (Benelli Item #20090). My friend wants to go deer hunting later this year and asked me if my shotguns could shoot slugs. I told him that I thought so since the dealer I bought them from sold me some 2 3/4" Winchester Supreme Partition Gold 385 gr slugs with my H20. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? Do I need to buy something else or am I fine? Thanks ahead of time!

There is no issue with the gun shooting this slug, but unless you have a rifled barrel, a sabot slug like the Winchester Supreme Partition Gold will not be very accurate. I would recommend one of the Brenneke slugs, which have rifling on the slug and are very accurate out to 75 yards and should shoot sub-3" groups at 100 yards. If you take a look at their website, they have a "Which Slug for Which Barrel" link that you will probably find helpful in making your choice. These slugs cost a little more than some others, but are well worth the extra couple of bucks.

good luck!