Factory M4 Mag. Ext. Markings

jftfi

The original tube does not have any markings. However it was machined (turned down) from a larger diameter tube (the same diameter as the shoulder against the receiver) One of the characteristics of an original would be a very fine, tight spiral groove along the body of the tube (where the tool cut off the excess material from the diameter in the lathe.) Color could be an indicator but Benelli keeps changing the color of their M4 barrels it would be hard to make a comparison.

Socomguy makes an excellent tube. Unless you are looking for collector value (no idea if it would ever happen) I would recomend Socomguy.

Socomguy makes an excellent tube. Unless you are looking for collector value (no idea if it would ever happen) I would recomend Socomguy.

I agree. The whole "buying an overpriced factory part because it's not available anymore/for consumers" is overrated. If you can get an aftermarket part which gets the job done just as a factory part, and is of top-notch quality like Socomguy's merchandise is, go with that. I saw a factory tube on eBay go for $700.00 plus, which is ridiculous considering that there are options for quality tubes (again, Socomguy) available that are waaay more reasonable pricewise, and do the same exact thing. Before that one, there was one where the guy selling the factory tube even put in his auction listing (starting with a $300.00 opening bid)....

"this is a factory tube, but there's no reason to go crazy with the bidding because another one will come along" and it sold for....

$1000.00.:confused:

Ive stated many times that if i spend money on a Benelli then i want ALL parts to be Benelli, so i bought i factory 2 shot ext, then the full tube and luckily a telescoping stock at the same time i purchased my M4. These crazy prices have seriously made me consider putting my gun back to original and still potentially making 2K profit on the tube and stock..thats just plain crazy! The full tubes sold originally for $69 (i think) and the stocks were $165, the 2 shot ext was $49 a lil while back. Everythign ive seen and heard Socomguy makes a great tube and one couldnt tell the difference between his and a factory w/o looking VERY close and careful so why not go that way instead of $800 or 1K for a $69 tube?? i wanted my gun ALL factory but if i was facing those prices, i would've made a sacrifice for aftermarket parts!

PICT0366.jpg

I agree. The whole "buying an overpriced factory part because it's not available anymore/for consumers" is overrated. If you can get an aftermarket part which gets the job done just as a factory part, and is of top-notch quality like Socomguy's merchandise is, go with that. I saw a factory tube on eBay go for $700.00 plus, which is ridiculous considering that there are options for quality tubes (again, Socomguy) available that are waaay more reasonable pricewise, and do the same exact thing. Before that one, there was one where the guy selling the factory tube even put in his auction listing (starting with a $300.00 opening bid)....

"this is a factory tube, but there's no reason to go crazy with the bidding because another one will come along" and it sold for....

$1000.00.:confused:

I am pretty sure the starting bid (or reserve) on that auction was the $79.95 retail price originaly paid for that item. And when it sold for $1025.00 he shiped it fedex overnight for free...or so I heard. Sound like a nice person.