Unable to zero M4 with Meprolights

M4Shooter

I finally got around to getting some range time with the M4 since the upgrade to the Meprolight tritium sight set. My windage adjustment was perfect from the old sights zero however the eleveation was 15" low at 50 yards with slugs. I put as much up elevation that the rear sight would allow but It still puts me 6" low at 50. I measured the two front posts and the Meprolight is much taller. Factory post measures .245" from the base to the top of post. The Mep sight measures .390" I called Benelli and the lady did not know of any issues and could only say send the gun in for inspection. I called Kimber(Meprolight) and spoke to a guy who said I need to talk to their Meprolight rep on Monday. Does anybody know if they make different size front posts? I looked around the web and could not come up with anything. My sight package # is ML-34302. Thanks_M4.

Just got off the phone with Benelli Customer Service again. Want to hear some ********!!! I get another lady who does not care about my problem but she puts me on hold twice to talk to a guy in the shop. First time I am told to expect 4-6" groups at 50 yards. I tell her the group isn't the issue it is the rounds striking low 6". Put on hold again and she then comes back with that is in spec. You have got to be kidding me. A $1400 shotgun with $90 sights is only expected to be able to shoot 6" low at 50 yards. Benelli can kiss my A$$.

Yep, that sounds like a BS "Get off my back" line to me. You may've run across a few bad reps. It's easy to stop caring about the customer when you work phone support, trust me.

Even if it wasn't a bad rep, Benelli may not be the best to contact regarding this. If the Mep sights aren't to the same specs as the Benelli ones, that's no fault of Benelli's. Sounds like you may've gotten the wrong ones on mistake. Hopefully Meprolight will be able to help.

I don't recall anyone else having this problem, so I'd say you'll be able to get it sorted out.

I called Kimber(Meprolight) and spoke to a guy who said I need to talk to their Meprolight rep on Monday.

This is the only relevant statement in all of your posting.

You put an aftermarket sight on your gun. What happens next should be of no concern to Benelli CS. I wish she had told you that instead of giving you the run around though.

I've been in CS for about 20 years. One of the hardest ideals for CS reps in general to accept is that it is perfectly acceptable to tell a customer you don't know the answer if indeed you don't know the answer. So many CS reps are so eager to please that they will 'create' a reply with little regard for the facts. Being eager to please is fine, if you know the answer. Otherwise, it usually just wastes the customer's time, as it appears to have done in this case.

Like GV says, your issue is with Kimber, not Benelli.

Well Mudhen I beg to differ. The package of Meprolight sights has Benelli's name plastered all over the packaging. They are offering these sights as direct replacements for the factory sight. The sights are manufactured by Kimber for Benelli as a factory option. I would think they should have some concern with how their optional parts are performing.

The biggest issue I had with Benelli CS was how the calls were handled. No mention of any option of how to correct the issue. A $1500 should not be expected to impact 6# low at 50 yards.

On a positive note I have a call into Kimber and spoke with a rep who was more than willing to listen to my issue and provide some background on different sights that were manufactured. He took my info and said he would look around the shop to see if he had a sight post that would fit my needs.

Much better CS in my opinion._M4.

The package of Meprolight sights has Benelli's name plastered all over the packaging. They are offering these sights as direct replacements for the factory sight. The sights are manufactured by Kimber for Benelli as a factory option.

I must have missed this statement in your original post :)

I only read:

"I finally got around to getting some range time with the M4 since the upgrade to the Meprolight tritium sight set."

My bad.

The website appears to be non-specific as to who makes the optional tritium sights for the M4.

Sounds like the manufacturer of the product was able to assist you.

I hear Benelli CS reads all these posts, so maybe they will see their error.

Kerry from Kimber made good on his word. Today I received a package from Kimber with a tritium front post that is the same size as the original sight at no charge. That my friends is customer service. Benelli could learn a few things from Kimber in the CS department.

Kimber does not make Meprolight night sights, they just sell them. Meprolights are made in Israel. MEPROLIGHT (1990) Ltd. Kibbutz Maayan Zvi 30805 Israel

Tel: 972-4-6397107 / 6392008 Fax: 972-4-6390866 E-mail: [email protected]

Has anyone took the stock M4 front sight off and had Trijicon put the night sight module in? I know Trijicon used to do that. All you really need is a front sight anyway for a shotgun.

Kerry from Kimber made good on his word. Today I received a package from Kimber with a tritium front post that is the same size as the original sight at no charge. That my friends is customer service. Benelli could learn a few things from Kimber in the CS department.

Benelli CS is getting uncomfortably close to the arrogant customer service over at my friends at HK. Benelli had better watch out though because Benelli, unlike HK, still relies on civilians like you and me for a preponderance of their business. I hate to say it, but the quality of Benelli is not the quality that I experienced in the early 90's when I bought my first Montefeltro S90 .20 ga. I think the problems began when Benelli sold out to Beretta. I also have a very big problem with Benelli's capitulation to the ATF Nazi's ( who like the IRS make their own law) regarding the M4 shotgun adjustable buttstocks that allow smaller and larger shooters to shoot the same gun and have it actually fit. I dought, unfortunately, that any after market copies will become available due to patent issues, as the adjustable stock is very innovative and must have a patent on it surely.

Kimber does not make Meprolight night sights, they just sell them. Meprolights are made in Israel. MEPROLIGHT (1990) Ltd. Kibbutz Maayan Zvi 30805 Israel

Tel: 972-4-6397107 / 6392008 Fax: 972-4-6390866 E-mail: [email protected]

Has anyone took the stock M4 front sight off and had Trijicon put the night sight module in? I know Trijicon used to do that. All you really need is a front sight anyway for a shotgun.

H, hallelujah on that statement. Its not like your going to shoot for groups with slugs under the moonlight or anything.