M4 no longer selling to public?

stingray365

I purchased an Benelli M4 from Impact Guns. They charged my credit card and my dealer has the gun in his possession. I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow (SAT). However I get this email from the manager of Impast Guns reading:

"Benelli has made a change that M4 shotguns are not to be sold to the public, only to Law Enforcement. We are going to contact your dealer to get the firearm returned to us."

My question is......Is this BS or has anyone heard that this is true. Is this just an Impact Guns policy?

Thanks in advance

i was told this months ago, (as posted below) but i think no-one took it serious..original post regarding that subject follows..OH, and id raise 3 kinds of **** till they gave me my shotgun or else...dont lay down and let them do this to ya..fight for your rights!! some things are worth going to jail for!

MrMilitaryPolice

Senior Member Join Date: Nov 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spoke with them personally last week(as i stated on here) and they told me in no uncertain terms that the 11707 version of the M4 is "NO LONGER BEING MARKETED TO CIVILIANS, MILITARY AND POLICE ONLY"thats a direct quote. The same was said about the adjustable stocks , they are no longer allowed to be marketed to civilians. Supposedly those rules were already in efffect and the ones that were on the market are the only ones out there. I spoke to the CS rep for 8 mins about these topics and the current state of affairs..well the next day a poster on here stated that he had spoken with Benelli CS and they had told him the opposite about the 11707 but the same about the stocks, so in fact, who knows?? The CS i spoke with was very upset about the matter and suggested that i contact my congressional rep and make my feelings known. The point of that is that he was very upset with the current trend and felt as if ATF was trying to run them out of civilian market so apparently he had to have some extensive knowledge but im just repeating what i was told..2 answers in 2 days from Benelli CS..so again, who knows?

Does not surprise me at all and i feel the worst is yet to come! Country is changing with the times and times are not all that great if ya really look at what has been going on and If ya wanta buy a gun ya better buy it ASAP. New laws will be changing things and why we need them is beyond me because they do not enforce the ones we have on the books to start with. All we need is another gun control act? HR 2640 will probably keep me from even purchasing a gun and only thing i have done is served my country! Hopefully not but from what i read i am probably going on the NICS "DO not sell list" Just for PTSD Diagnosis!:confused:

The ATF has decided that the M4 cannot be imorpted. I was not aware that the ATF can pass a law without congress. I have sent letters to my Senator's and Congress men/Women asking them to explain this, but no one has replied. Go figure!! It is my understanding that Benelli will not sell to the public due to the ATF. There are allot of M4's out there for sale so their email makes no sense. If your dealer has not been in contacted with Impact then I would get it fast.

John

The ATF has decided that the M4 cannot be imorpted. I was not aware that the ATF can pass a law without congress.

You must not be aware of 922®, Code of Federal Regulations, Title 27, Volume 1, Part 178, Section 178.39:

(a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph © of this section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/regulations/27cfr178.html

BATFE has the authority to determine what is meant by "sporting purposes." People tell me we have had a pro-gun Administration since 2001. I am still waiting for the Administration to behave in a pro-gun manner.

I just bought an 11707 a few months back, but I want to be a good citizen. Should I call Nancy Pelosi and have her come get it, or can I just surrender it at any mosque?

Try a church, since the people who are banning its importation are Christians (or so they tell us), not Muslims.

"I was not aware that the ATF can pass a law without congress."

Congress passes the laws, but whatever agency (in this case the BATF) is charged with implementing the law, writes the regulations that actually implement the law. Often, the agency uses that opportunity to expand and interpret the law in whatever way they want. It almost always results in more power being grabbed by the agency.

This law has been on the books and i assume Benelli has just been getting by under the radar screen? The following laws mentioned earlier are mixed in with the following Laws in the link http://www.atf.gov/firearms/legal/index.htm, big brother can decide to enforce a written Law but ya would think they would have been doing it all along? or am i wrong and did this 922 ® ruling just get updated recently? i do not think it did!

I just got off the phone with Benelli CS on an unrelated issue, but asked them about the M4. He said that the only thing restricted is the mag tubes and the collapsing stocks. The M4 is and still will be sold to the general public. Hope that puts some people at ease.

I just got off the phone with Benelli CS on an unrelated issue, but asked them about the M4. He said that the only thing restricted is the mag tubes and the collapsing stocks. The M4 is and still will be sold to the general public. Hope that puts some people at ease.

THANKS...WHEW!! :)

You are right and wrong. LE stood for "Limited Edition". This was the M1014 with the US Flag engraved on the receiver. Benelli never marked any M4 with the word LE for Law Enforcement. They just provided the accessories prior to the AWB expiring. Now again the cool accessories are outlawed, unless you are Military or Law Enforcement.

I purchased an Benelli M4 from Impact Guns. They charged my credit card and my dealer has the gun in his possession. I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow (SAT). However I get this email from the manager of Impast Guns reading:

"Benelli has made a change that M4 shotguns are not to be sold to the public, only to Law Enforcement. We are going to contact your dealer to get the firearm returned to us."

My question is......Is this BS or has anyone heard that this is true. Is this just an Impact Guns policy?

Thanks in advance

So did ya get your 11707 or the 11717? M$

You are right and wrong. LE stood for "Limited Edition". This was the M1014 with the US Flag engraved on the receiver. Benelli never marked any M4 with the word LE for Law Enforcement.

PDW, missed your response when I replied so I'll edit this ...

To reiterate, the only other points was that the 11701 commemerative M1014 also had special M1014 - XXXX serial numbers to go along with the flag (as well as un-notched recoil tube and solid, non-screw-in choke barrel).

As per my other posts, there has been a recent spate of "M4 LE" marked 11707s, and checking the serial number and two letter date codes on the receivers, it does appear these were from the AWB era. These rcvrs have been mated with high serial number (new) barrels and are being sold as new 11707s.

PDW, missed your response when I replied so I'll edit this ...

To reiterate, the only other points was that the 11701 commemerative M1014 also had special M1014 - XXXX serial numbers to go along with the flag (as well as un-notched recoil tube and solid, non-screw-in choke barrel).

As per my other posts, there has been a recent spate of "M4 LE" marked 11707s, and checking the serial number and two letter date codes on the receivers, it does appear these were from the AWB era. These rcvrs have been mated with high serial number (new) barrels and are being sold as new 11707s.

Yes, I have one of these guns. It shoots better than the other gun that just said M4 on the receiver. The M4 LE gun required no break in and shoots the 7/8 oz. .20 ga loads for about 50 rds when cleaned before it starts to have FTE's. My other gun required about 100 rds to properly break in and doesn't really like the lt. loads much. Both guns are 2 port M4's. Just a coincidence I suppose, maybe though, Benelli made the LE version a little better as far as quality control- I don't know.