Benelli M4 front sight

HDRDKG

Greetings,

I am having a Trijicon night sight insert put into the M4 front sight, which is really all you need, I just don't like the meprolights. Does anyone know what size wrench for the little nut that holds the front sight in?

Thank you.

What I am doing is sending my front sight in to this company http://www.tooltechgunsight.com/ who does work for Trijicon. They will put the night sight module into the factory sight. All I want is a front sight anyway. Night sights for the rear are useless. I highly dought that I will be doing a long shot at night, it will be close and personal.

Hope that helps.

What I am doing is sending my front sight in to this company http://www.tooltechgunsight.com/ who does work for Trijicon. They will put the night sight module into the factory sight. All I want is a front sight anyway. Night sights for the rear are useless. I highly dought that I will be doing a long shot at night, it will be close and personal.

Hope that helps.

You are having the original front sight only sent to the company to place a Trijicon insert. Ok now what is the cost going to be becuase I went to the sight and for the Benelli's they have listed the cheapest cost showed $100.00. If that is the case it is easier to buy the Mepro sights. I too agree the rear sights are not worth it but only the front sight is being replaced on my M4.

Let me know how their work turns out. I would like to know if the workmanship is fine or is the sight looked beat up.

• 2 years later...

Hope that helps.

How did your front sight upgrade turn out????

Did you opt for the white ring around the dot for the extra five bucks? Can you post any pictures? I'm considering the same upgrade and its a toss up between the Trijicon and Meprolight.:confused:

You need a 5.5mm open ended wrench to remove the nut from the front sight post. I got mine from Sears. Your local store isn't likely to have it.

I didn't think the rear tritium sights were worth much until I began using them at night. It isn't for aligning the sights. It's for indexing your face properly so you know you're looking through the ghost rings at the front post.

This is why the rear sights tritium is so small. They're tiny pin pricks. When it is practically pitch black out, you can't see the sights at all. Even with muscle memory putting your face in the proper location, it is hit or miss. You're not sure if you're looking over the top of the ghost ring or off to the side.

I didn't think the rear tritium sights were worth much until I began using them at night. It isn't for aligning the sights. It's for indexing your face properly so you know you're looking through the ghost rings at the front post.

This is why the rear sights tritium is so small. They're tiny pin pricks. When it is practically pitch black out, you can't see the sights at all. Even with muscle memory putting your face in the proper location, it is hit or miss. You're not sure if you're looking over the top of the ghost ring or off to the side.

Thanks, that information is helpful. The Trijicon upgrade would be the front sight only. I don't think they offer the rear, I'll have to check again. Your description of the utility of the rear sights makes sense.

On some old posts I saw quite a few people bad mouthing the Meprolights as not being bright enough. Maybe I'll start out with the Meprolight and then upgrade to the front Trijicon if its not bright enough.

The Trijicon is an upgrade to the original sight so you have to remove it and send it in to be machined and the tritium tube inserted. I was considering buying a spare front sight to have upgraded so I would not be without a front sight. A plain Benelli front from Brownells is almost $40 so it's not such a bad idea to buy the Meprolights and try them out. If I don't like them I can send in my original sight for the Trijicon upgrade. Sounds like a plan.