M4 mag tube thread type? Help please.

d

Can any engineer, machinist or mechanic tell me what the thread type and count is on the end of the Benelli M4 mag tube? Where the cap screws on? I tried looking it up on line and it is bewildering. Thank you.

The factory full length tube I have here looks to have a nominal 1.00" O.D. tube with a square thread of 2mm pitch. The crest seems to be 0.9mm (.035"), the root seems to be 1.1mm (.043") and the thread depth of 0.4mm. Again a shallow thread that is covered with a rough parkerization, so those measurements are as close as I can figure for now.

You two ought to put together a quick spec reference document, it'd rock the house. I can see how having this kind of stuff on hand could be very handy to some.

STA is brains here - I just do some heavy lifting.

If you do a search of his posts you can find much detailed, exact information on many tecnichal aspects of the M4 - d