Hey Benelli CS - Read This!

mudhen

I love Benelli products, no doubt.

Just shot my brand new M2 20 gauge yesterday. I like the new APG camo. Gun shoots like a champ - dead on perfect.

I think that was my 12th or 13th Benelli purchase since 1990.

Make a non-ported Cordoba 12 and I'll buy that too :)

BUT, there is a little problem creeping up that is starting to make the brand look a little tarnished.

I'm starting to see more and more posts about poor fit on choke tubes. Bad seating can lead to off-center POI. Not a big deal for most wingshooters, but it's kinda a nasty problem for turkey hunters. Beretta and Franky are getting hit on the same issue as well.

This post + others got me to thinking:

http://www.nwtf.org/message_board/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=shotguns&Number=355189&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

I bet the guys at the Franky barrel factory could build a screw in bore sight and test each barrel before it leaves the factory. How hard can that be? Slap in the red dot bore sight - put the barrel in a rack - and see where the dot points.

I know the bigger issue is that what does BH do with a bad barrel? I know it must be hard to toss a $500 barrel. But the other option is to ignore it and start getting the bad press like these posts.

Just my $.02 since no one asked....

And I quote:

THE FORUMS ARE NOT A CONDUIT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA PHONE OR EMAIL (301-283-6981). DO NOT POST CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS IN THE FORUMS.

And:

Originally Posted by Nelli Girl

ATTENTION FORUM USERS:

If you are a customer with a problem or concern about any Benelli USA product, please call CUSTOMER SERVICE at (301) 283-6981 or use this link to the CUSTMER SERVICE/CONTACT US page on the benelliusa.com website: http://www.benelliusa.com/customer-service/contact.tpl.

Thank you for supporting the Benelli USA family of firearms.

Nelli Girl

-----

:D

And I quote:

THE FORUMS ARE NOT A CONDUIT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA PHONE OR EMAIL (301-283-6981). DO NOT POST CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS IN THE FORUMS.

And:

Originally Posted by Nelli Girl

ATTENTION FORUM USERS:

If you are a customer with a problem or concern about any Benelli USA product, please call CUSTOMER SERVICE at (301) 283-6981 or use this link to the CUSTMER SERVICE/CONTACT US page on the benelliusa.com website: http://www.benelliusa.com/customer-service/contact.tpl.

Thank you for supporting the Benelli USA family of firearms.

Nelli Girl

-----

:D

Did you even bother to read the other post - or did you think this up yourself :(

The guy has been trying to work with Benelli CS and they just don't care that his barrel is way off. It's been back a bunch of times with no fix.

And I have to say that the man seems to have a valid point.

On the other hand, I have never known Benelli CS to not be able to resolve an issue.

True, sometimes they take more than one try.

The felow should either persist with Benelli or take some of the others up on their generous offers to help fix it.

Cutting it into 2" pieces will not make his bitterness go away, and it will leave him light in the wallet.

Last I heard, all barrels were being made in Turkey at the Stoeger facility.

I believe it was reported by G&A on their TV show, but I'm not 100% on the source.

Could explain the reason for the recent drops in QC.

My local shop has a 2000 in stock and the barrel says made in Turkey.

They also have about ten new Benellis in stock and the barrels all say made in Italy.

I think Stoegers are made in Turkey and Benelli barrels are made in the Franky barrel factory in Italy.

Did you even bother to read the other post - or did you think this up yourself :(

Nope, didn't read his post on some other forum, just yours on this forum. :)

AND - I figured that I've been around long enough that I figured you'd know it was just a jab and could take the jab and be none the worse for wear.

Aww well...

Nope, didn't read his post on some other forum, just yours on this forum. :)

AND - I figured that I've been around long enough that I figured you'd know it was just a jab and could take the jab and be none the worse for wear.

Aww well...

Why would you want to 'jab' me at all? I was just trying to help the guy out.

That post has 460 views and mostly negative replies from other guys that have had similar problems with Benellis.

There are similar posts pretty much all over the Internet.

Seems like a real problem for a gun brand I'm pretty fond of.

Why? Because between you and Tucker I figure you guys are the ones that can actually take it without crying.

As for helping the guy out - yeah, sounds like a legitimate problem, and yet I doubt CS is going to fix it from this thread. That's not meant to be an offensive statement, it's just what they've told us here, time and time again. Right?

As for the actual guy, does he sound reasonable? His first threat was to cut the gun up in 2 inch pieces and send it back? Not sure about you but I don't know why anyone would piss away over a thousand dollars because they are hot under the collar. He has a fair complaint, but when someone says they are willing to do something like that then I have to wonder how they spoke to CS when they called. He says he was nice and all that, but he surely didn't give that impression in his post, did he?

What I really would have like to see is what the guys here would have told him if he had posted that very same rant here.

sdkidaho,

I like the signature. Makes me feel famous, or maybe it's just the burritos again :cool:.

mudhen,

I think what skidaho's jab was meant to convey was this .

Yeah, it's slightly different in context, but that's why it was a jab, and not a stab.

OTOH, I can relate to what you're saying.

All of us should be concerned if Benelli's quality is showing signs of slipping.

You guys are the best friends I have on this board, outside of HOGWILD and M1014. But they can be so moody and, well effeminate. So let's give each other a hug, pull our manties out and let them snap back into place, and move on :p

Dude! Take it easy man. I've never met you but I like you - it wasn't meant to send you in to some downward spiral of hate and discontent.

If the original post was to rally the troops (Benelli owners) to get us to contact CS as well and make them man up, great. If you were posting here to get CS to do something, well... yeah - this isn't a conduit to reach CS, as stated in the red text at the top of "any" post you make, and repeated by Nelli Girl.

Not comparing you to anyone, dude. You got something else going on in life, because you sure seem to be thin skinned in this thread. What's up, man?

mudhen,

I think what skidaho's jab was meant to convey was this .

Correct.

So, you are comparing me to this guy :

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/member.php?u=9687

According to you and Ski, this guy and I have contributed the same amount here, right?

5 posts and out vs. ol' mudhen, one in the same.

Ok.......

Uh... no. No clue who that dude is or why you chose him. If you had clicked the link in Tuckers post you would have seen this:

The forums are hosted compliments of Benelli USA to post questions and comments.

THE FORUMS ARE NOT A CONDUIT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA PHONE OR EMAIL. DO NOT POST CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS IN THE FORUMS.

Inappropriate language and photos will not be tolerated and those posts will be removed.

-----

IMHO, Benelli is trying to offer this forum as an accomodation so their customers can chat amongst themselves. That is exactly what a forum is all about.

It would be fiscally impratical to pay someone to sit on this board all day and anwer questions. It might be nice, but prolly not very cost efficient.

Legally speaking, they should be handling each true customer service request directly with the customer.

mudhen - CA

Hence the reason it was a "jab" ;)

Ski, you gotta learn to read man, please :) Do live near the MT border or something :confused:

If I could draw you pictures in crayon, I would.

Ok here goes:

The original guy has returned his M2 20 ga TWICE and Benelli will not help him. They say the POI being off is fine with them. Benelli's chokes are sucking wind these days. Lots of folks are having this problem and Benelli keeps blowing off most of them too. So YES, this place does become a conduit to CS when CS keeps ignoring this guy and guys like him. I know they can replace a barrel, they have done it before.

If they want to ban me from this site for bringing this stuff up, click away Nellie Girl - it's just a website!

As to the 5 and out guy, if you had bothered to read (I know reading is hard work), you would see that my original reply was to this blowhard guy's (with the 5 posts) snotty comment. So you are, in fact, comparing my jab at him to your own jab at me. I don't see myself as an equal to this dude as far as contributing to this website. If you do, then good enough.

As to Manties, I brought them to this website. Most of you guys are not fit to carry my Manties.

No thin skin here, I just think any jabs should be directed in the right place. If you think I deserve a jab for bringing this up, so be it.

Trust me, if you don't bring some of this stuff up here, Benelli will have no idea that there is a problem.

My company sells a popular water pump - on one website we have a post with 750 replies and 55,000 reads. Needless to say, we read posts like this often and absolutely pay attention and respond to issues brought up by our customers.

Donnie says vaccuum.......

I know the bigger issue is that what does BH do with a bad barrel? I know it must be hard to toss a $500 barrel. But the other option is to ignore it and start getting the bad press like these posts.

Just my $.02 since no one asked....

think they could sell them on EBAY. Hey, its better than scrap and they only have $50 invested inthe barrels. They could take the ones that dont hit well for turkey hunters and mark them and sell em cheap on Ebay to recover money invested inthe steel and manufacturing. Its a win win, turkey hunters love them, and helping us po folks get extra barrels fer or guns.

And I have to say that the man seems to have a valid point.

On the other hand, I have never known Benelli CS to not be able to resolve an issue.

True, sometimes they take more than one try.

The felow should either persist with Benelli or take some of the others up on their generous offers to help fix it.

Cutting it into 2" pieces will not make his bitterness go away, and it will leave him light in the wallet.

I know Dean, if i had his money, i wouldve cut my SBE into 2" pieces, that took 4 trips to get fixed[and did] by the cs. What is sickning is that they are using the same language they used on me with others. Such as, flinching, pulling the shot, yada yada yada. You would think the the poor people who are in cs would march over there and slap some non english speaking person who is making the funky chokes and get r fixed.

If i didnt believe that my SBE/SBEII wasnt the baddest waterfowl guns on the market i wouldnt have bought the sbeII and cut my sbe barrel up in 2" sections.

This one reason I have jumped ship to Winchester.. still have my older Franchis (pre and post Beretta) and my original SBE and 391 models... but I hate expensive "cheap crap"... sad!
your still alive,,thought maybe to many birds got ya-----------

Bottom line is that Benelli fabricates guns that are overpriced and not reliable and

they have a non-existent ( poorly informed) customer service. It is no surprise that they want to avoid being a conduit to customer service.

Oh yeah,,,,,, for the poor guy who owns the gun that shoots a foot low and a foot left...... just take the C shim and convert it to the D shim and install it backwards ..... that should cover the left shooting problem. So , just live with the 1 foot too low. If you are any kind of competent sportsman, you

should be able to make yourself shoot high for the rest of your life,,,,,, or until you save up enough money to buy another brand.