"New" Benelli Nova need help!!!

anoroks2

Its very basic, even to completely pull it apart, bolt assembly and all. I didn't even need the owners manual to take it down and put it back together, but I have taken several other pumps apart and put them back together, out of all the guns I've done, BPS, 870, 835, 500, the nova is by far the easiest.

I use breakfree CLP and wipe everything internal down to clean off the grit, then I put a thin layer on for lubricant. For the barrel I use a wire brush, then fold up a paper towel with a bit of CLP on it and send it down the bore once or twice. Then I use a dry one and send that one down. Good as new once I'm done.

My Nova has seen some pretty brutal weather, its a work horse. After the hunt, make sure it is dry and clean and lightly lubed and it will keep on firing.

Guest GunCrazyD
Its very basic, even to completely pull it apart, bolt assembly and all. I didn't even need the owners manual to take it down and put it back together, but I have taken several other pumps apart and put them back together, out of all the guns I've done, BPS, 870, 835, 500, the nova is by far the easiest.

I use breakfree CLP and wipe everything internal down to clean off the grit, then I put a thin layer on for lubricant. For the barrel I use a wire brush, then fold up a paper towel with a bit of CLP on it and send it down the bore once or twice. Then I use a dry one and send that one down. Good as new once I'm done.

My Nova has seen some pretty brutal weather, its a work horse. After the hunt, make sure it is dry and clean and lightly lubed and it will keep on firing.

what he said...break free CLP is best and then lube it up with a straight gun oil..no dry lubricants...kleen-bore - hoppes - anything that is synthetic and a true gun oil is best...on all moving metal parts...