Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
1sbwwb

Recoil spring tube removal M4

Has anyone removed the recoil spring tube on M4?

Is it a big pain or does the locking nut just unscrew and you take a strap wrench to remove the tube from the stock?

Thanks

John

Greetings, Well I have no reason to take mine apart, so I have no idea. If you look at a schematic view of the M4, it should show how it's mounted on.

Hope that helps a little.

I would think there is probably some of that green witches brew thread lock on it. Try unscrewing it (I would use very, very well padded channel locks or vice grips on the flat milled side of the tube) If that does not work, heat it up with a heatgun. Post what you find. regards -d

I was hoping that It did not have the locktite on it. I was going to swap out the tube on a 11707 that is not mine with one that I have on a m1014.

John

Guest GunCrazyD

very very difficult to do..you can screw the gun up completely if you are not 100% sure how to do it..i wouldn't bother unless you are a master metal worker...

Thanks for the info. I am not wanting to screw up a friends gun just to change out the recoil tube. I was hoping that it would not be that big of a pain.

John