which gun for waterfowling

slsail

I ahve a benelli Super sport Smooth fast a pleasure to shoot .

Lots of round no issues.

Gun was $1300 so it won't go waterfowling with mw.

I loesemi auto over a pump.

Have an 870 express well built clunky remington.

Never an issue..

Right know I am considering the Stoeger m2000 semi or a Super nove

both 12g in 28-30 inch.

I have read the threadds on the stoeger.

Are the issues fixed or are many of these from not prperly breaking in the Inertia driven system????

Any thoughts

If it's down to a choice between the Stoeger M2000 or Benelli Super Nova, I'd go for the Super Nova.

No doubt. No question. No hesitation.

If I wanted a good semi-auto for duck hunting, but didn't want to spend $1,200, I'd go for the Berretta 390 for around $550.

Hey, over here in new zealand the m2000 has a following with novice shooters.Most the people ive talked to with one of these say that they wish they had bought something for a little more money and quality.Pesonally i think they are a cheap semi auto trying to live off the benelli name by using similair components.My advice buy a beretta entry level semi auto.If moneys no prob then the skys the limit.:)

I'm a relatively novice waterfowl hunter and I love my Super Nova. It works great in the field, and the pump is absolutely no big deal. I don't think I'm missing many doubles because I have to pump the gun.

Heck, it works pretty well at the clays course too, even though people look at me funny for using my camo pump there.

use the ss nothing wrong with useing what works for you

i mean you could spend 1700 on a sbe2 (a real waterfowl gun) or beretta exstrema 2 for around 1500 thoes be list price. i've seen them both for a lot less even seen the ss for less then 1k. but not a issue.

i use a stoeger sxs i got for 299 my bro uses a mossy 935 so really if it shoots steel and kills it dont matter.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd get the stoeger 2000 if you not going to use your more pricey gun out in the field. I think the benelli is over priced and as for the nova, Why not get the stoeger P-350. Cheaper and nicer, I have a brother-in-law that has a nova and he kept haveing loading problems when we did some sporting clays. enough problems to make me not want or even think of a benelli now.