Supernova Jamming on Federal Shells from WalMart

dougie360

Took my new Supernova Tactical out to the Trap Range. Wow, that was great - did pretty well. Except for when the gun would jam trying to load the second round after pumping. At first, I thought it may have been user error (short stroking maybe?). But then I noticed it only seemed to happen with the Federal Lead 12 ga 7 1/2 birdshot shells. I didn't have any issues when shooting the Winchester shells. (both bought from Walmart) Anyone else notice this?

• 4 years later...

My son has the same problems with his , either it catches on the edge of the shell and crimps it against the barrel or the rotating locking lug will hit the barrel and stop the action , not getting the shell into the chamber. He's been struggling with this problem for several months , He has NEVER sold a gun but this ones gone. He's getting a mossberg 930JM as soon as their available

Edited by toothandnail
spelling

supernova's DO have a longer stroke then most american shotty's pump with authority dont be a ***** wont have any problems... take it with a grain just sayin.

He's running it to fast that's the problem , you can cycle shells through it all day long at a slow or moderate pace , no problems, but in competition , 3G , it jams up. Seems to me this SG is only good for hunting/target shooting.

My Supernova Tactical eats the Wally World Fed Bulk no problem...put two hundred rounds of it through mine over the last two weekends.

Off topic, but I've been using cheap Walmart federal 7 1/2 "multi-purpose load" in my M4 (works great...no problems at all). However, after shooting a couple hundred shells, the barrel has a lot of plastic residue (wad gunk I assume) and it's very difficult to clean up the barrel. Have you had this issue? Any trucks for cleaning this gunk off the barrel? I've tried hoppe's no. 9 and even gun scrubber but still very difficult to remove.

Off topic, but I've been using cheap Walmart federal 7 1/2 "multi-purpose load" in my M4 (works great...no problems at all). However, after shooting a couple hundred shells, the barrel has a lot of plastic residue (wad gunk I assume) and it's very difficult to clean up the barrel. Have you had this issue? Any trucks for cleaning this gunk off the barrel? I've tried hoppe's no. 9 and even gun scrubber but still very difficult to remove.

I have no problems runnin a bore snake like 6 times down my mine with hoppes 9 and then running a few patches to get it ultra clean spray down teh barrel couple times let sit few secs pull that snake