Slugs for smoothbore SBE II

jamestoney

Could someone tell the sort of slug they use with their SBE II with a smoothbore barrel ? I will have to test mine soon with slugs for the deer season and I will probably try the Remington Slugger and the Buckhammer. Apparently, the Federal Truball work well with the SBE II. I've never tried...

Thanks for your help !

Martin

Well, am not sure about your gun but I like to use wolf slugs in all my shotguns with an improved choke I find them to be very accurate and very low price if you can find them, they've never failed me i've used them in my Maverick 88, Remington 870 and my Winchester 1300 camp defender. Or you could proably just go to your near by wal-mart and get a pack of the winchester super x slugs I know here their $7.95 for a 15 round box.

Well, am not sure about your gun but I like to use wolf slugs in all my shotguns with an improved choke I find them to be very accurate and very low price if you can find them, they've never failed me i've used them in my Maverick 88, Remington 870 and my Winchester 1300 camp defender. Or you could proably just go to your near by wal-mart and get a pack of the winchester super x slugs I know here their $7.95 for a 15 round box.

Thanks a lot ! I thought the Win super x slugs were better in riffle barrels though... What do you recon ?

Just had a look on the Internet for the Wolf Slugs. The projectile itself just look like the Remington Buckhammer which is suppose to be really good with the SBE II. So as you reckon that type is good, I expect the Buckhammer to do the job then. Hopefully. We will see on holiday.

No actually, I would say the Wolf slugs look more like the Remington Slugger.