Limbsaver vs. ComfortTech recoil pads

LabradorGuy

• 2 weeks later...

I have the limbsaver on a Nova----it shortened the length of pull by about 1/4" to 14" which is great for waterfowl hunting since you usually have more clothes on. I have not tested it to see how it abates recoil.

I think there is a pop-in recoil pad that will fit the Nova made by Benelli which can be bought at Numrich. The issue is it is $70.00 or $80.00 dollars. I will not waste that money on a $299.00 shotgun (Blak Synthetic)

If it is a regular Nova, the comfortech pad won't fit.There are no screws to attach it.It will fit a Supernova with the Comfortech stock.

The recoil pads on the several Novas I have owned did not attach with screws, they were slip fit.

I think the CT Gel pad fits the Nova and the Super Nova. It also says this on the website and in the catalog.

I would tend to agree that a $80-$90 pad does not really make sense on a $299 gun, but if it works well, what does the price matter?

The LS pad will also work great, but the attachment is not slip fit and the pad is not easily removable.