Collapsible stock and magazine tube for the M4

Indiana1608

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum world but am in need of information regarding full length magazine tubes and the collapsible stock of the M4. I'm looking for sites, dealers or private persons who have possession of these items and are willing to sell/ship to a California (sigh) resident.

Thanks for any and all help/advice.

• 7 months later...

Outside of peace officer exemptions, it is illegal to purchase, or receive (i.e. own) an M4 with both a pistol grip and folding, or telescoping stock in CA.

CA Penal Code Section 12276.1

(a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

(A) A folding or telescoping stock.

(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.

(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Check with your local and state jurisdiction for a definitive answer.

Outside of peace officer exemptions, it is illegal to purchase, or receive (i.e. own) an M4 with both a pistol grip and skeletonized stock in CA.

The law doesn't mention skeltonized stocks, it mentions telescoping stocks. We have a skeltonized stock M4 and since the stock doesn't fold or telescope, it is perfectly legal.

164.jpg

The collapsible stock and magazine tube in and of themselves aren't illegal. Once you install them on the M4, then you'll have some issues.

Mag tube is fine in CA if it's under 10 rounds... I have read the CA-DOJ assault weapons guide and had more than a few conversations with them on the phone... it's always best to call them yourself...

Also the collapsible stock is fine as long as you don't install the pistol grip... it's a trade off between item

You can't have any two of the following on a Semi-Auto shotgun in California;

folding or telescoping stock

pistol grip

thumbhole stock

vertical handgrip

detachable magazine

or any shotgun with a revolving cylinder

any one of these is fine except the last

check out the CA-DOJ assault weapons guide here

Mag tube is fine in CA if it's under 10 rounds... I have read the CA-DOJ assault weapons guide and had more than a few conversations with them on the phone... it's always best to call them yourself...

Also the collapsible stock is fine as long as you don't install the pistol grip... it's a trade off between item

You can't have any two of the following on a Semi-Auto shotgun in California;

folding or telescoping stock

pistol grip

thumbhole stock

vertical handgrip

detachable magazine

or any shotgun with a revolving cylinder

any one of these is fine except the last

check out the CA-DOJ assault weapons guide here

Okay, help me out here. How do/can you have a collapsible stock without the pistol grip?