Drop Shim combo for M2

DuckChaser07

Hi All,

I'm new to these forums but it seems to be filled with a lot of wisdom and help.

I have recently made the jump to a new M2 Benelli (#11107). I test patterned it for the first time today and much to my disappointment, I'm shooting high. I installed the "C" shim (the lowest drop at 55mm) before shooting to attain the flattest sight along the rib and at 35 yards I'm shooting 9" - 12" high.

I have gleened the forums for similar troubles and it appears that a modified "A" shim with the "C" shim lowers this effect. All the posts I've read don't go into much detail.

Please advise:

1) Is there a shim kit that lowers the M2 past the "C" drop shim?

2) Please detail the modification to the "shaved A shim" to attain the lowest drop possible.

3) Advise to how to obtain the best Point of Impact and Point of Aim with shims shipped with M2.

Wanna love this M2 over my ol' Special Purpose 870!!!!

Kev.

1) Not yet. Benelli swears the new C is the old D, but it has not worked that way for me.

2) I used an A because I use the B for turkeys. I sanded down the bottom to almost paper thin leaving the drop section at top. I use it with the C for more drop. It looks a little messy, but it seems to work for me.

3) :confused: The shims need to match the plate, so I don't know what you mean.

Thanks Mudhen.

I'll try to duplicate. If I sand the "B" down a little and couple with the "C", won't that give me the maximum drop? If that is the case, what sequence do the shims need to be? (Gun Stock+ B + C + DX gasket + Gun receiver?). I imagine that your sanding on the A or B will require doing away with the two guiding pegs. Would drilling these out be better to allow for the pegs on the C shim to align with the stock? Am I making this too hard???

I think your combo will work and help me center my Point of Impact to where I actually aim. Did your combo lower your point of impact 9" or more?

Thanks Mudhen....I really appreciate your help.

Kev

Thanks Mudhen.

I'll try to duplicate. If I sand the "B" down a little and couple with the "C", won't that give me the maximum drop? If that is the case, what sequence do the shims need to be? (Gun Stock+ B + C + DX gasket + Gun receiver?). I imagine that your sanding on the A or B will require doing away with the two guiding pegs. Would drilling these out be better to allow for the pegs on the C shim to align with the stock? Am I making this too hard???

I think your combo will work and help me center my Point of Impact to where I actually aim. Did your combo lower your point of impact 9" or more?

Thanks Mudhen....I really appreciate your help.

Kev

Yes, a B + C will give you more drop. I need my B, so I didn't grind away at it.

Yes, you will need to cut out or grind away the pegs, My SBE II has only one peg, but my new M2 20 gauge has two.