Squeezin' Bleat

CH/QuakerBoyProstaff

Don't be a hater, tuck. I'm just sharing the wealth.Not everyone who uses this forum needs gun repair advice from pros such as yourself.Some people actually HUNT,and would like to be kept up to date with what's new in the U.S.A. If you or your followers don't like it,remember what those three letters stand for.I'm not 5 and neither are you, so let's move forward like civilized adults.

My profession has nothing to do with guns, repair, or hunting.

Even if it did, I wouldn't abuse someone else's welcome by using their resources to promote my wares.

I hunt and shoot, and I like to help people when my knowledge affords me the ability to do so. That's why I'm here.

I didn't stop in to promote my new line of products.

You seemed to have lost me on the three letters comment, but maybe it's just because it's early yet. I mean, I know you're referring to USA, but if you're saying free speech entitles one to spamming rights on any Internet forum, I'm afraid you've misunderstood the intent of the docuement.

5?

You spam the forum.

I call you on it.

And that makes me 5, and you a civilized adult?

Interesting way of looking at it. :rolleyes:

No matter, I'll just hit the button next time and let the folks who run the thing decide what's spam and what isn't.

Asking people in an open forum labeled Big Game Hunting and Turkey Hunting questions about what type of calls they use, or if they have heard of a certain kind of call is hardly spamming, it's having a conversation about things we have in common.I tried to have a conversation about where people were from and what they enjoyed doing with their favorite shotgun, and it ended up in a cluster about hot dog carts and shooting innocent turtles. I agree with using knowledge to help others,I have access to some of the best info in the hunting industry and for that I am fortunate.I simply am trying to help others by sharing that info.It's there at their fingertips,and that is sharing the wealth,not spamming.The people who PM me don't seem to have a problem with it,so I'll just take that as a sign. Sorry I struck a nerve.

• 3 weeks later...

Please define spam (I know what it is and just want know if you know the definition) The guy is obviuosly proud of what he sells and wants to know if anyone has tried it. This is a hunting forum thus the question about a hunting product (even if does sell it). If he didnt post it, I may not ever know about it and who knows maybe I will get one a bag the buck of a lifetime. Hmmmm, I think THAT would make me happy he asked about it.

I dont recall his statement asking anyone to buy one, I didnt see a link going directly to the product, his email or pricing. He isnt promoting anything - he asked a question.

Why shouldnt we be able to talk about products without caring WHO brings it up. Benelli has this forum to talk about THIER products, is there anything wrong with THAT? I dont know.............. maybe I have brain damage

I dont know.............. maybe I have brain damage

I don't suppose you want me to comment on that part, do you? :cool:

I quoted the statement that led me to believe the purpose of the post was to promote the product. I thik it stands for itself, but I'll spell it out for you a bit more in depth.

Got your swimmies on?

The first post put the product name and specific item in front of us. Fair enough. While motive to sell could be assumed, it wasn't necessarily spelled out, so it's in the grey at that point.

Then along comes, "That tells me exactly what I needed to know. More advertising".

So to me that's saying that the post was about market research and brand/product recognition, and not so much about deer hunting as it was about sales.

Advertising leads to sales, you know?

That be SPAM.

The fact that the product being promoted has some relevance to hunting doesn't really give it a free pass.

Link?

It's in his name and his signature. Do you really need a direct link?

Click here for a great bleat call

Some of us see it one way and some may see it another.

Welcome to the exciting world of Internet forums!

This thread is full of excitement! I thought this topic was put to bed,but here we are again.I was looking for feedback and I got it,both positive and negative,and to that I say "Thanks to all".Arguing on a forum is like spitting into the wind,you get back what you put out.It is good excersise for the mind,though! I hope this is the end of the Squeezin' Bleat Spamburger Fiasco of 2007. Let's move on.

If I had done something questionable I'd want to sweep it under the rug too.

NOT

What I would do is man up, apologize, and work to not spam again.

If you're proud of your product, cool, nothing wrong with that, but as pointed out, spam is spam:

Then along comes, "That tells me exactly what I needed to know. More advertising".

So to me that's saying that the post was about market research and brand/product recognition, and not so much about deer hunting as it was about sales.

That be SPAM.

The fact that the product being promoted has some relevance to hunting doesn't really give it a free pass.

Happy bleating. :)

Anyone who has posted a link to another website in this forum is guilty of spamming according to your hero.Look back through all the posts and see if they "man up" and apologize.I posted my myspace on my signature so anyone who wanted to contact me in a social manner could reach me.Since that is a link,I am sorry to everyone who is offended.As far as my other comments go,I stand behind them.All the pm's I have recieved have convinced me to stay the course.They just don't want to be harassed,so they watch from the sidelines.

Anyone who has posted a link to another website in this forum is guilty of spamming according to your hero.

I can see you're here to make friends, and for whatever reason can't seem to see the difference between guys who like to hunt offering up help to other sportsman, versus a vendor pushing their wares. That's fine.

As a potential consumer:

I have no bleat call.

I have never used a bleat call.

I can definitely see how one would be useful and effective in the field.

I cannot however see buying one from Quaker at present due to the attitude of it's representative here in the BENELLI forum. Not that Quaker makes an inferior product, as I simply wouldn't know, but I do know, as a consumer, how I prefer to be treated. Which... that's what we are to you, right? Potential customers?

That tells me exactly what I needed to know. More advertising.

I could be wrong but I think you need some help in this department. Best of luck to you in your future endevours here and elsewhere on the net.

I posted my myspace on my signature so anyone who wanted to contact me in a social manner could reach me..... All the pm's I have recieved have convinced me to stay the course.

So, by your own admission, the myspace thing isn't what people are using to contact you. That's not surprising, although I suspect you get lots of myspace messages from Tom and Cindy and Hottie6969, and many others.

Myspace requires a sign-up into a sexual predator shopping spree that looks like somebody puked in HTML, your page not withstanding.

So now that the PM's are flowing in, why still maintain the myspace link?

I have a theory, but I'm not a pro-staffer, so I could be wrong ;)

Don't be blinded by the smoke.If I was rewarded for sales in any way,then I might be concerned.I sell nothing.I research on my own,and I also understand where you are coming from,to an extent.I've used Benelli guns long before I was involved with any mfgr. and that is why I came here.The potential to get feedback from other hunters came after I saw the headings Big Game hunting and my favorite,Turkey Hunting.Things took an odd turn,but that goes with the territory.You dudes are quite entertaining.I am looking forward to the next post.It is like excercise for the mind,and that is priceless.

till next time!

I don't suppose you want me to comment on that part, do you? :cool:

Got your swimmies on?

That be SPAM.

got your swimmies in????????

An electronic message is "spam" IF:

the recipient has not verifiably granted deliberate, explicit, and still-revocable permission for it to be sent. quoted from spamhaus.org

I was wondering if you could show me where you have the right to give permission to anyone to post on this this sight.

Spamhaus?

Sounds like Bonanza and Monty Python in the same time slot :D

OK........I admit.........THAT's funny :D NOW this conversation is goin places!

Heres a visual..........Big Haus Cartwright spewing blood while being attacked by a killer bunny rabbit and little Joe throwing sacred granades