Help!!! How to reassemble M1 Super 90?? (see pic)

AnonIdiot

Benelli.jpg

In what order do I need to put this back together?

The three parts with 'numbers' are the ones that I can't figure out.

#1 appears to be some sort of coupling or shim that has to do with the surefire.

#2 are a couple 'thicker' shims, one of which has a 'warp' in it. Is this warp meant to be?

#3 is the three thin shims.

Can anyone help me with what order I am to reassemble this?

It's an early HK Import M1S90.

Thanks!

Hmmmm....Let's give this a try. First take the bolt and put it in the receiver then take the cylindrical spacer and slide it down the mag tube (wider part towards the receiver). Next, use the only the 3 thin washers and put them inside the front of the forend/light assembly. Next, hook or place the front of the forend assy. onto the back of the barrel hanger as so the forend is on the barrel. If the forend doesnt want to slide on, check the two set screws on each side of it and loosen them some. Then take the whole forend and barrel together and slide them down the mag tube until the barrel is seated. After you get the mag cap or forend nut tightened, check to see if there is any excessive play in the forend and that the barrel is properly seated. If there isn't, good. If there is then use one of the other washers to take up the space until there is no slack. For the most part, the 2 thick washers were used on the older style surefire lighting system on the old style forends but keep em around just in case. Hope this helps, clear as mud to me, lol.

Originally posted by mudhen:

Did you buy it disassembled like that?

Or, did you take it apart all by yourself?

mudhen - CA

I took it apart myself and when the spacers came flying out, I didn't know if there was a specific order they needed to go in. This is my first M1S90.

[ 10-04-2005, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Administrator ]

Originally posted by wallhanger54:

Hmmmm....Let's give this a try. First take the bolt and put it in the receiver then take the cylindrical spacer and slide it down the mag tube (wider part towards the receiver). Next, use the only the 3 thin washers and put them inside the front of the forend/light assembly. Next, hook or place the front of the forend assy. onto the back of the barrel hanger as so the forend is on the barrel. If the forend doesnt want to slide on, check the two set screws on each side of it and loosen them some. Then take the whole forend and barrel together and slide them down the mag tube until the barrel is seated. After you get the mag cap or forend nut tightened, check to see if there is any excessive play in the forend and that the barrel is properly seated. If there isn't, good. If there is then use one of the other washers to take up the space until there is no slack. For the most part, the 2 thick washers were used on the older style surefire lighting system on the old style forends but keep em around just in case. Hope this helps, clear as mud to me, lol.

Thank you sir.

That got me close... I'll post an update to see if it's all together correctly. :D

[ 10-04-2005, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: AnonIdiot ]

Anon,

Someone who chooses to put the word "Idiot" in their own moniker should expect a certain level of sarcasm.

Besides, I saw it as a valid question; and I suspect you learned something about being more careful when taking apart stuff.

[ 10-04-2005, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]