MIM Parts in Supernova?

Redberens

I'm trying to decide on the Supernova, or a Remington 870. I've heard that the Remington Express models have several small parts made by MIM, and was wondering if Benelli uses MIM parts as well?

This will be for a duty gun that will be shot with OO Buck and slugs exclusively, so I'm looking for a gun that will take the abuse of those rounds the best.

870 HAS A TON MORE HOP UP PARTS AVAILABLE,IF THAT' S WHAT YOU'RE INTO,cOLAPSING STOCKS,SIDE MOUNT SHELL HOLDERS,ETC.tHE SUPERNOVA HAS A COOL FACTOR AND POTENTIAL.iN THIS SITUATION ONLY,I'D GO WITH THE 870.TALK TO SOME POLICE OFFICERS IN YOUR AREA AND SEE WHAT IS MOUNTED IN THE MAJORITY OF THEIR PATROL CARS. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION,WEIGH IT IN WITH THE OTHERS ON HERE AND THAT OF THOSE WHOSE LIVES DEPEND ON THEIR WEAPONS. GOOD LUCK

I don't know if the Benelli uses MIM parts, but I would be surprised if both guns didn't have them. The 870 has a long and distinguished record with LEA, and I don't know if one gun is "better" than the other. However, the Nova does have one feature that is not found in the 870 - a magazine cut-off that allows the user to load a single round into the chamber without feeding a round from the magazine. This would let you load a slug or less-lethal round without affecting the loads in the magazine. I don't know if this feature is important in your situation or not.

Certainly, there are many more accessories available for the Remington than the Nova. The fact that more LEA's are using the 870 probably isn't as important as it might seem. The Nova is a relative new comer, and the 870 has been around for decades. Firearms are adopted by government agencies for a variety of reasons, and not necessary because one is better than the other. Low bids, personal prejudices, etc and affect what is being used. My suggestion is to look both guns over, and if possible, shoot them, and then make your decision.