M4 Piece O' Junk

Vondutch

I purchased an M4 about a month ago and fired approx. 100 rounds through it. 2 3/4 in., 3 in., Winchester, Federal, Remington, steel, lead, composites, you name it. I have NEVER been able to fire more than 2 consecutive rounds through it without a FTF or FTE. Not only am I angry with my purchase, I am embarrassed for Benelli. What a marketing sham. I should have gone for the $250 Mossberg - I am confident it would have out performed Benelli - **** it could not have fired worse. Benelli, if you are paying attention, I want my $1500 back!

I purchased an M4 about a month ago and fired approx. 100 rounds through it. 2 3/4 in., 3 in., Winchester, Federal, Remington, steel, lead, composites, you name it. I have NEVER been able to fire more than 2 consecutive rounds through it without a FTF or FTE. Not only am I angry with my purchase, I am embarrassed for Benelli. What a marketing sham. I should have gone for the $250 Mossberg - I am confident it would have out performed Benelli - **** it could not have fired worse. Benelli, if you are paying attention, I want my $1500 back!

Interesting first post

By the way you also paid a few hundred too much

vondouchbag defintely has a $250 mossberg attitude.

I had some FTF trouble with mine at first as well and was pretty discouraged. What kind of rounds exactly are you useing? These guns dont like the bird shot. Also, as the gun breaks in it will perform better. Not sure of your level of gunmanship, this may not be news to you, but either the rounds are too weak, or there is a problem with your gun. Either way it can be corrected. But above all this gun is F'ing amazing, none nicer IMO. Get to the bottom of the issue and never look back.

By reading some of the responding post, apparently some of you guys seem to think that by purchasing the proclaimed 'best combat shotgun every made' I should overlook the fact the that it simply does not do what it is supposed to do - namely fire rounds in semi-automatic fashion. Sure it looks cool, but I did not pay for cool (well, I kinda did). As I would expect a new Ford F250 to start up and run when I wanted it too, I would expect this shotgun to perform it's function. I have had numerous shotguns, rifles, and pistols (yes, including Mossbergs) and I realize that certain firearms just like some ammo better than others. That is why I experimented with about 12 differing types and brands of slugs and shot. But I have never had this type of problem. Thanks to the guys that provided constructive feedback - I will be certainly giving Benelli a ring this next week.

So no one is allowed to criticize Benelli?

Anyone who wants to can criticize Benelli, and unless they include offers for savings on cell phones, vulgraity, or personal attacks, thier criticisms will most likely stay on this site, without being removed by Benelli.

But here's the thing.

Yeah, you can get a Ford F250 that won't start, and you can get a Benelli that won't cycle.

In both cases, the logical, adult, and prudent thing to do is to contact the manufacturer's customer service department and let them do what they're hired to do.

Jumping on the website and ranting about it neither fixes the problem nor gives the owner any real relief from his/her dissatisfaction.

Focusing one's energies and efforts in a positive direction will always foster better results than pizzing and moaning to people who not only can't fix the problem; but after the attitude being shown, wouldn't if they could.

I picked up my new M4 yesterday and fired a box of #8 through it. It functioned perfectly. I love this gun!

Yep, I tried to make mine hiccup with light loads. Fired about 100 rounds with the cheapo W-Mart stuff. Never flinched (the gun that is).

I also think they are doggin him more because he showed up ranting here without making a call to CS. It is a mass produced weapon. Things get through. Let them handle it. If you get no satisfaction, then MAYBE it is time to go ballistic on the net.

Doc

Real helpful. Guy complains about the problems he's having with a M4, and you tell him he paid too much!

Yes but he brought it up. Regardless of what he paid it should function. Right? First post slamming a product on their site is always a bit odd.

BTW mine works fine from round one-lo brass and slugs.....

well,,well,,they let you out of kindergarten ,,unsupervised,,probably with a bracelet,,,gps on it,and some internet nanny to boot,,,,

hows things going great wise one? :rolleyes:...any new additions to the collection I have not seen pictures of yet? and how about this new surefire railed forearm, any feedback on them yet?