My 1st Hun

sdkidaho

Well, I hadn't planned on doing any hunting this weekend as I'm on call for work but as I was sitting at the counter in the kitchen, enjoying a piece of chocolate cake, I decided I needed some nice cold milk to go with it. After filling up my glass I looked out my kitchen window into my field and noticed some birds sneaking along in the field - huns, had to be huns.

I've been worried that all the construction going on around us had driven them off as I haven't seen them this year as often as the past couple of years, but I figured I would go take a look since it was opening day for partridge.

I grabbed the shotgun and snuck around the house and over to the edge of the yard and popped up and three of them took off. I was able to shoot one. Man, what a beautiful bird. It's the first hun I've ever taken.

I think it's a younger bird as I thought their breast feathers were a bit more grey, but this bird has the prettiest tones of red coloring. Very good looking.

Hun9-15-2007004.jpg

Hun9-15-2007002.jpg

I know, I know - that isn't a Benelli. Sorry guys.