Supernova

Wildfowler

Hi Wildfowler,

Join the (comparatively) rare club of UK SN owners! I don't know what your experience of acquiring a SN was like, but I get the impression that the importers really don't want to bother with irritating customers!

Personally, I think that it cannot do any harm to disassemble your SN, check it out and re-lubricate. That's what I did when I got mine; but then I was needing to fit the magazine extension and alter the stock shims.

If, as your name implies, you're intending to go mud wrestling with it, then you'll probably be taking it apart for a detailed strip after virtually every trip to the foreshore!

Incidentally, I really like the Comfortech stock. I principally shoot rifled slug and the stock seems to be something of an improvement over an 870 or Win 1200. I'd be interested in your thoughts on the matter, once you've stuck some 3 1/2" shells through it.

Regards

AndyUK

Andy

I will strip it down and lubricate but wondered if they were assembled dry? Going Tuesday so don't want to be messing on Monday. May just take the Laurona? Tried for ages to get one through Beechwood but ended up getting the first/last through GMK picked up yesterday. Which one did you get?

Where are you?

Hi Wildfowler,

They do come with some lubricant on and I really wouldn't put too much more on, as it then attracts grit and powder etc.

My SN is a Section 1 with mag. extension and 61cm (24") vent-rib m/c barrel. I've fitted Fire-sights to the vent-rib (not much good on an indoor range!) and just obtained a mesa-tactical picatinny rail with shell side saddle. I'm now waiting for an Eotech 512 'holo-sight' to arrive.

Mine came from Beechwood who were losing the franchise and therefore weren't really interested. It took about 4 months to arrive. The new distributors are GMK who also hold the Beretta franchise. I can safely say that they are utterly appalling when it comes to customer service. I wanted to order a picatinny rail from them and eventually, I had to go directly to Benelli to get them to tell GMK to place an order!! A friend of mine, having shot my SN wants one himself. He's tried to order one with a LH butt pad and high cheekpiece / comb and they've said 'ring back in a few weeks'. They wouldn't last a second in any other line of business. Unfortunately, they are the only game in town.

I live in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, but I'm a member of the German Military and Police Shooting Association and I also use my SN in Germany.

Rgds

Andy

Wildfowler,

I'm surprised that your SN came without any oil; mine had a thin film throughout.

Enjoy the Humber, I presume that you know the tides!

If you'd been up to Meadowhell a month or so back, when we had the floods, you could have set up a blind in the car park and bagged some mallard!

Andy