Mag Extensions

Guest DocLRRP

Has anyone gotten any experience with the Sure Cycle Mag Extensions.?? I am looking at the unit that adds six extra rounds that would give me 11+1. There is a dealer selling this unit for $88 plus freight.

I bought one for my SBE II, took some adjusting to get it to work right. I think there were some gaps between the extension tube and the normal tube. Once I got it working, works great. Matte black finish longevity is something to be desired. Also on mine, the ext tube sticks out passed the end of the barrel about 1/2". Its getting blasted by hot gas after every shot so dont mind a little marring. I used it on early resident goose season in MD. DNR picked a fight about it but I had all no tox shot and logged in for geese so.

Thanks for your input on this. I think that I will pass for now as I am not a hunter and wanted to use the extensions for a possible SHTF scenario.

The cosmetic problems are no big deal to me. The mechanical are. I am the guy in the TV commercial who is emergency room challenged.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Sure Cycle mag tube ext. are good stuff, mine worked fine on my M4 and comes with the follower and new mag spring. The only downfall it wasn't the nicest looking ext. It's black with a big black locking ring that screws onto the tube. But for what you seem to be putting it on it should work well for you.

Guest DocLRRP

Your post is proof that there are multiple facets to everything. I think what I need to do is take the plunge and get one. If it works out, buy the second one. If not put it up for sale.

Like Super M4, I put one on my M4 and it works great. I had some concerns at first (about the longer/stiffer spring) but the company owner actually answers the phone and is quite helpful and down to earth. The only drawback for the M4 is that you have to disassemble the extension to remove the barrel, unlike some of the others. But, my tolerances are such that I have to even remove the 'dummy' extension that comes stock to field strip the thing so to me it made no difference.