SBEII vs. Cordoba

skeet07

Hey,

I am getting a Bennelli... injured my shoulder and comfortech is the only "comfort" system that works.

I am definetely into trap, skeet and sporting clays and i am in a league.

As well i also hunt whitetails, coyote and elk(not often), pheasants (alot) dove, grouse and turkey.

I have looked at the magazine and the website and;

I can't find a slug barrel for the Cordoba,

Can't find a cantilevered slug barrel for SBEII (First Choice)

Does anybody have anything that can help influence my decision?

You won't hardly find a slug barrel for the Cordoba, a gun designed for heavy use in the dove fields of Argentina.

Your best solution would be to buy the SBEII or M2 (if you're not going to shoot 3.5") in the factory slug configuration, and then add a field barrel.

It's much easier to find the field barrels in the marketplace than it is to find the slug barrels.

From your opening statement, it sounds like you have shouldered and fired a Comfortech shotgun. If that's the case, then your choice is an informed one. If that's not the case, then you may want to try one on that tender shoulder before you write the check.

Thanks for the input tucker, That is a great idea about the M2, and yes i have shot a couple of rounds (skeet rounds) with a Supernova with Comfortech technology.

**Has anyone ever shot skeet/trap/sporting clays with a M2??? The weight between the SBEII and the M2 are within .1 of a pound at 24" inch barrels but cost nearly $300 more for the SBEII. Is there a reason for that or is it just name/marketing?**

How does the M2 swing?

Another question; on the SBEII link on the website it suggests that the SBEII can only chamber 3-1/2" rounds although in the reading it suggests that they can chamber 2 3/4" rounds as well... Does anybody know if indeed the SBEII can chamber 2 3/4, 3 and 3 1/2" shells?

The SBEII has several features that the M2 doesn't.

The barrel extension and upper receiver are one in the same, making the gun a breeze to disassemble and clean.

Of course, it handles 3.5" shells, and the M2's maxes out at 3".

Both guns will fire 2-3/4" ammo with no problems, as long as the loads meet the minimums set by Benelli in the specifications on this website. Mots of the time, they will cycle the light target loads, but there's not promise of that from Benelli. These dogs are built to hunt.

The SBEII also features a more open trigger guard, which makes shooting with heavy gloves a bit easier.

Given the level of sales, I'd say that many consumers believe these features are worth the extra $$$.

Most people find the M2 and SBEII to shoulder and swing nearly identically. I actually liked the M2 slightly more, but I wanted a LH 3.5" gun.

+1 on what Tucker said.

Seems to me your question is 3.5" or not. At one time I was in the same boat. I went SBE II and have never looked back. I don't shoot alot of 3.5ers either but if need be, I can.

One other note in my opinion on swing, the receiver on the SBE II is slightly longer than the M2, so to me the M2 feels shorter and swings faster. Although very similar I prefer the longer feeling SBE II.

I would definately try shouldering both first if you can. They are both excellent guns and will serve your purposes well.

I believe the newer SBE II slug barrels are D & T for a scope mount. If you get one save yourself a headache and make sure it is factory D & T. If not, its not an easy task as the SBE receivers are extremely hard.

I own both the SBE II and M2, aside from the physical differences described by Tucker and Full Bore there are not a whole lot of differences to me. As for shouldering, swing and operation there is very little difference. If I were given the choice to only have one, it would be the SBE II.

Thanks for the input tucker, That is a great idea about the M2, and yes i have shot a couple of rounds (skeet rounds) with a Supernova with Comfortech technology.

**Has anyone ever shot skeet/trap/sporting clays with a M2??? The weight between the SBEII and the M2 are within .1 of a pound at 24" inch barrels but cost nearly $300 more for the SBEII. Is there a reason for that or is it just name/marketing?**

How does the M2 swing?

Another question; on the SBEII link on the website it suggests that the SBEII can only chamber 3-1/2" rounds although in the reading it suggests that they can chamber 2 3/4" rounds as well... Does anybody know if indeed the SBEII can chamber 2 3/4, 3 and 3 1/2" shells?

I have an M2 field with a wood stock and 28 inch barrel. I use it for Trap, 5-Stand, Sproting Clays and hunting. I have compared the recoil of this configuration against the comfortech stocks using the same loads through a round of 5-stand (25 Birds) and cannot tell the difference in recoil. I did notice slightly less recoil with the Beretta 390's though. But not enough difference to offset all of the jamming issues that I have seen with them at the range and sporting clays courses.

I averaged about 3 flats a month for the clay sports with out any gun related failures to fire. THis is over a 1.5 year period that I have used this gun for that purpose. I used 2.75" 2.75Dram Eq., 1 ounce #8s for my clays shooting.

In the hunting department I have bagged 14 pheasant with this gun.

One year I went on a goose hunt where I ussed 3" #2 and #B heavy shot. I could not tell the difference in recoil between these shells and the 1 ounce target loaads that I use. This is after going through 2 boxes of each. I was able to get 3 nice canadians. Part of this trip was also a duck hunt and it performed great there as well. This time I was using 2.75" #4 heavy shot with out any noticeable differences in recoil. I was only able to get 2 ducks though. One was a nice mallard drake and the other was a pintail drake. Since the linmit here includes only 1 pintail, and most all of the ducks that were cooperating were pintails that limited my bag.

So I think that you can say the M2 is a pretty good gun for your needs.

Good luck and enjoy your choice.

As to how does it swing, I find it much quicker than my sporting clays gun which is now a Beretta 682 Gold. The dynamics of how a gun swings is pretty much an individual trait. What swings and points quickly for one shooter is a humongous tree stump for others. You really need to try different guns and find what suits you and fits you best.

So pick the one that best fits your needs and shooting style and if you can try shooting them at a range before you buy.

Mike

• Do they make M2 cantilevered barrles on the market?

• Does the SBEII's more open trigger guard really make a difference when you are shooting with a glove?

• Which gun shoots 3.5 mags best?

• Has anybody done turkey's with either?

• Does anybody know which gun has the best grouping with the 24" barrel??