Changing Inertia Springs

lanoteboom

I have gone through roughly 3000 rounds in my Monte and I was interested to hear when the rest of you guys had changed your inertia springs. After how many rounds/number of years. My gun is over 20 years old and I purchased it 3 years ago. I'm not having any problems with anything, it works wonderfully, I was just pondering changing the spring. I figured with a price of $11.00 at Brownells I might just go ahead and do it before pheasant seasons starts this year. Have you noticed any changes after doing so, were you satisfied, that sort of stuff. Thanks.

Well, ill presume that since there are over 60 views on this thread and no response yet that you guys have not changed your inertia springs (im not trying to be sarcastic or rude). I was presuming that most peope hadnt dealt with this since these guns are built to last, and therefore I didnt think that I would get a lot of responses. If anyone has though, go ahead and let me know if you would. There is still plenty of time to change it out before the season opener for pheasants here in Iowa.

I have gone through roughly 3000 rounds in my Monte and I was interested to hear when the rest of you guys had changed your inertia springs. After how many rounds/number of years. My gun is over 20 years old and I purchased it 3 years ago. I'm not having any problems with anything, it works wonderfully, I was just pondering changing the spring. I figured with a price of $11.00 at Brownells I might just go ahead and do it before pheasant seasons starts this year. Have you noticed any changes after doing so, were you satisfied, that sort of stuff. Thanks.

Never.

n/a

n/a