Unloading

HiCap

I have a 20 ga Legacy. I've tried an dtried to follow the instruction book that came with it to unload. The book is for a an inertia gun w/o the bolt release on the right side of the receiver. Following the directions there is no way I can get the round out of the tube by depressing the follower by pushing the it up into the frame and depressing the magazine release.

I have had one AD in a safe direction, not realizing that without depressing the follower that a round entered above the follower and then when I pulled back on the bolt, the round entered the chamber.

Does anyone have a clue?

HC

Originally posted by Duggan:

There is only one way to "unload" a firearm ... pull the trigger.

But seriously, when I have to, I use an extra foam earplug as a medium between my thumb and the release. Easy as can be.

So it actually will move when pushed into the inside of the receiver?

HC

Originally posted by Duggan:

Hmm. If it doesn't make any mention of unloading rounds in the manual, then I guess you have to cycle them.

In the manual that came with the Legacy (for a Montefeltro, incidently) it says to depress the stop as you said. Mine won't budge at all. It isn't as though I were pushing against hard spring tension. It is a hard no movement.

So, cycle it is unless someone has another suggestion.

HC

Originally posted by tucker301:

It helps to push the shell forward into the magazine slightly while pressing the release button.

This removes the friction between the shell brass and the catch.

The release button works just fine. Round pops out of the mag tube over the follower and cycles perfectly.

The problem I encounter is that when I push the follower up and then try manually to push the shell stop so as to releae the shellinto my fingers, the stop won't budge, as the manual suggests it should.

HC

Thanks to all, but just before I started to take the gun appart I tried to manually depress the shell stop and it worked. It was hard, but it moved. Whether this was because something that had jammed it had loosened, or my finger nail had grown longer and worked better in pressing the stop to the side, or the new use of a Bowflex gave me a better purchase, I don't know, but I can now unload as intended. I swear that sucker wouldn't move with all the force I could muster; it wouldn't even flex. But now, with some effort it is fine.

HC