Magazine Tube Spring (M4)

zgxtreme

On my M4 I have the factory/L.E. two round extention. Since installing it on my gun the last round has always hung up. I am assuming that I need a stronger spring to handle the increased length of the tube.

What are the better products out there that could correct this problem and work with the Benelli and M4?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my M4 I have the factory/L.E. two round extention. Since installing it on my gun the last round has always hung up. I am assuming that I need a stronger spring to handle the increased length of the tube.

What are the better products out there that could correct this problem and work with the Benelli and M4?

I added one of SOCOMGUY's full length tubes and had the same exact problem. I ordered a few extra factory M4 mag tube springs from http://www.brownells.com they were like $6 each. That solved my problem and it feeds like it did before.

I added one of SOCOMGUY's full length tubes and had the same exact problem. I ordered a few extra factory M4 mag tube springs from brownells they were like $6 each. That solved my problem and it feeds like it did before.

Do you remember which one exactly you got? I am getting one of SOCONGUY's tubes and it would be nice to get the spring, just in case.

• 7 months later...

General rule of thumb is to use the spring with the greatest amount of tension down to the last round. You may opt to go with a Sure Cycle stainless steel spring. Or you can purchase and use the full length factory spring as I have. Though of carbon steel and not stainless, the full length factory spring in a full length magazine tube has spring tension equivalent to that of standard length spring in standard length magazine tube for reliable cycling down to the last round. Another viable option - and one I would choose over the standard factory spring in a full length magazine tube - would be a Wolff 40-inch carbon steel magazine spring. Factory part numbers for the full and standard length magazine springs:

Benelli M4 Magazine Spring (Standard): P/N 70053 (~28.5")

Benelli M4 Magazine Spring (Full Length): P/N 70052 (~35.0")

Brownells does not list the 70052 in their online catalog (as of 2008-05-30). You must contact them directly to place the order.

• 2 months later...

Suprise, the stock 11707 spring has 1/2# more tension than the SRM 33" 2-shot extension spring. THis was measured like so:

Remove the mag-spring seal and insert a 12ga 2-3/4 shell into the end opposite the mag follower. I then pressed this end to my bathroom scale, letting the spring press the shell into the scale. The stock spring had 1/2# more pressure at 3 to 3.5# vs. 2.5-3# for the SRM. I re-installed the factory spring.

• 3 months later...
Guest cleefurd
So the spring you order from Brownells. Is it a full length spring or standard length spring?

The Brownells spring is 40" with wire dia that is .002" (5%) smaller than Benelli OEM spring stock. The resultant spring rate per inch is less, but cumilative spring rate over 40" is sufficient to effect an improvement. While it is a quality component (made by W.C. Wollf), it lacks certain refinements i.e. tight wrapped ends (hence the generic price of $6), being a raw canvass for end user cut-to-length application.

We are "carriercomp", and we do offer an M4 specific spring, optimized for the full length tube 7 rd configuration, utilizing a custom spring made for us by W.C. Wolff to our specs. It is correct O.D. and wire diameter, in 33" length that surpasses OEM spring in metallurgy and length/set retention, with OEM correct style flat wrapped ends. We have 250 new upgraded units arriving late this week, to replace our current inventory that was previously only available with our Benelli M4 titanium full length magazine tubes.

Anyone interested in the spring alone, may reserve one by emailing us, subject line "M4 Spring only" to;

[email protected]

Edited by cleefurd

Guest cleefurd
Cliff is being modest. His Titanium full-length magazine tube is the finest quality that I have seen. His customer service is also without rival. I would put the CarrierComp magazine tube up against any other ... including Benelli's.

Regards,

WebStrands

ROB!!! Haven't heard from you in months. I'm scared. How exactly did you find out my name is Cliff, when I go by Kip??? (Tried to go with code...cleefurd is how I spelled it in Kindergarden and my folks never let me live it down... if you can't beat em join 'em) Anyway, how cool is that, and STOP making me blush. Your compliment sounded like a paid advertizement. (on second thought don't stop) Email me if you would, and let me know if "WebStrands" is web site related. Folks are brow beating me for letting my old site go dormant. Maybe you could help me figure a few things out.

Guest cleefurd
Just wanted to bump this thread. Is the ETA on the springs still a go? I want One.

Dave called me from Wolff, at the request of Walt Wolff to clarify a few details. This call came on Wednesday Dec 18th. They stated the run would complete on Friday the 20th, (original completion date was to be Dec15th)but I got no call. It would apprear they are close, very close. With Christmas right around the corner, that may account for the delays.

I will post as soon as I know more. All requests currently made via email will recieve notification once in stock.

Email subject line "M4 Spring only" to;

[email protected]

Edited by cleefurd

Guest cleefurd
Just wanted to bump this thread. Is the ETA on the springs still a go? I want One.

They shipped from Wolff on Monday Dec 22, 2008. UPS ground, meaning they should be available to ship by Jan 1 or 2, and placed with our Titanium FL (7 rd) Benelli M4 mag tubes that were held up by the spring supply bottleneck. Yes they (Benelli M4 springs) will still be available seperately, as we will have well over 200 to spare after filling existing orders.

For notification of "in-stock" date, email;

[email protected]

Subject line "M4 Spring Only"

We will notify all interested parties when available, which should be in about a week.

Edited by cleefurd

They shipped from Wolff on Monday Dec 22, 2008. UPS ground, meaning they should be available to ship by Jan 1 or 2, and placed with our Titanium FL (7 rd) Benelli M4 mag tubes that were held up by the spring supply bottleneck. Yes they (Benelli M4 springs) will still be available seperately, as we will have well over 200 to spare after filling existing orders.

For notification of "in-stock" date, email;

[email protected]

Subject line "M4 Spring Only"

We will notify all interested parties when available, which should be in about a week.

^^ Looking forward to it. by the way, how much are the M4 Springs? I'm ordering the spring only for my 7 round extended tube

Guest cleefurd
^^ Looking forward to it. by the way, how much are the M4 Springs? I'm ordering the spring only for my 7 round extended tube

Merry Christmas Mr. Shotgun!

Springs are $12, plus $5 priority mail.

Guest cleefurd

The springs are in, and stunning. Everything we had hoped to arrive at. Of every spring I have owned, seen on other Benellis, OEM or aftermarket, I promise these will take the cake. W.C. Wolff is number ONE in Gunsprings for a reason.

We will be notifying those on the contact list, and are updating our email address to correspond with our promised online store, which is nearing the January openning we assured.

[email protected]

The springs are in, and stunning. Everything we had hoped to arrive at. Of every spring I have owned, seen on other Benellis, OEM or aftermarket, I promise these will take the cake. W.C. Wolff is number ONE in Gunsprings for a reason.

We will be notifying those on the contact list, and are updating our email address to correspond with our promised online store, which is nearing the January openning we assured.

[email protected]

Good news.

I'll take one as soon as you get your store up and start shipping these out.

Guest cleefurd

We are "carriercomp", and we do offer an M4 specific spring, optimized for the full length tube 7 rd configuration, utilizing a custom spring made for us by W.C. Wolff to our specs. It is correct O.D. and wire diameter, in 33" length that surpasses OEM spring in metallurgy and length/set retention, with OEM correct style flat wrapped ends. We have 250 new upgraded units arriving late this week, to replace our current inventory that was previously only available with our Benelli M4 titanium full length magazine tubes.

Anyone interested in the spring alone, may reserve one by emailing us, subject line "M4 Spring only" to;

[email protected]

P.S. Correction, we got 265 springs in, please see our new email address above, which will be associative to our new store. Emails previously sent to our other (personal) email address will be processed 1st.

Cost is $12 per, plus $5 shipping via USPO Priority mail (up to 3 springs per parcel)

Edited by cleefurd

• 9 months later...

[email protected]

P.S. Correction, we got 265 springs in, please see our new email address above, which will be associative to our new store. Emails previously sent to our other (personal) email address will be processed 1st.

Cost is $12 per, plus $5 shipping via USPO Priority mail (up to 3 springs per parcel)

I ordered one the other week off your website CarrierComp dot com (can't post links) and received the confirmation but have yet to hear anything back. I emailed you for an update, still waiting on that, hopefully if you see this message you can check out the status

Invoice ID: 0000001492

Order Date: Fri, Oct 2, 2009 14:56:21

Thanks