Extended Choke Tubes ???

Wirenut

Was wondering if anyone has tried extended choke tubes, aftermarket, etc. on their Benelli's. Was maybe going to try one, just am really wondering do they actually help pattern, muzzle jump, recoil as stated ? Was "Maybe" leaning towards a "Comp-N-Choke"......Thanks, Bruce.

Hi Bruce, Choke tubes in my opinion DO NOT reduce felt recoil. Now about tubes for pattern. If you are trying to put more shot 8 or 7 1/2 on your trap or clays targets then a extended choke may help this. In a hunting load, most pattern experts will tell you an extended choke makes no difference, the difference in pattern has much more to do with the size of the tube. If you want to reduce felt recoil get some weight in the back of your stock, I have a M-1 and in my opinion way too light. I have the stock loaded with lead.

Dave

Lower dram charge, Lower shot charge, heavier gun are the only way to reduce felt recoil.

Was wondering if anyone has tried extended choke tubes, aftermarket, etc. on their Benelli's. Was maybe going to try one, just am really wondering do they actually help pattern, muzzle jump, recoil as stated ? Was "Maybe" leaning towards a "Comp-N-Choke"......Thanks, Bruce.

I bought a set of Briley's for M2. They were bought to be used in sporting clays etc.

I have never patterned them or compared them to the flush chokes that came with the gun. They are just more convenient than the flush ones. They are not ported. I feel that is just marketing and I did not want to lighten my wallet any more than needed.

All of my guns except my 16 guage wingmaster have extended choke. The only reason is that I have not found any for this gun with out going for custom chokes.

Mike

That is correct, Benelli and Beretta state "No Steel" (and one would assume any other no-tox shot) through their IM and F chokes.

I bought the Briley X2 Extended chokes in LM (to fill the gap in factory tubes) and IM to tighten up steel and other no-tox patterns at longer ranges.

Fellas: Sorry about delay, dropped laptop, no pc for awhile.....Anyway, I shoot 10% sporting clays, 90% upland game. Recoil means nothing to me, i,m 6'4", 260lbs.......Christ I fat:( Would really wonder If they are any help on hunting application only, THANKS!