HELP I Dry Lubed my Sure Cycle!

bootster

I have not looked at these forums in awhile but I read that Remington Dry Lube sprayed on the Reciever spring will surely fail to cycle. The bolt will hardly close now with NO shell in it.

How do I remove it? Brake Cleaner? What?

[ 11-28-2005, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: bootster ]

Yup, that dry lube really is crap. Never have liked it on any gun. You're gonna have to rub that stuff off using some solvent. Go out and get you some proper oil that drips, not sprays, and oil your gun. Break Free, Militec or some good synthetic oil. Put it on the bolt rails and in the recoil assembly then go out and have some fun.

Originally posted by wallhanger54:

Yup, that dry lube really is crap. Never have liked it on any gun. You're gonna have to rub that stuff off using some solvent. Go out and get you some proper oil that drips, not sprays, and oil your gun. Break Free, Militec or some good synthetic oil. Put it on the bolt rails and in the recoil assembly then go out and have some fun.

Thanks for the reply. I was considering the heavy spring from Wolf. I spent $100 on this "sure cycle" thing and it had jammed more now than with the factory spring. That was before I sprayed this dry lube junk in it. I don't think I need to spend any more money on this gun to get it to feed properly as it is a Benelli and that is what they are supposedly all about.

All I've done for 15 years is buy a new Wolffe recoil spring every 3-4 seasons, and polish the inside of the recoil spring tube with a bore brush wrapped in steel wool with some metal polish and rigged up to a power drill. It has worked great for 15 years of 1000-1500 shells per season.

If you messed up your SC, send it back to Jeff for repair and/or cleaning.

mudhen - CA

Personal opinion only. I've never thought much of the Sure Cycle. SS springs dont have the necessary carbon steel in them to have much in the way of memory and they tell you not to oil them in the instructions. Not oiling SS on SS? That's crazy! That recoil assembly has alot of work to do (absorbing shock, pushing the bolt and shell forward against gravity and locking the bolt head into battery). They will still rust, I've seen it. It's funny that SC costs 100 when Benelli only charges 60 for a complete factory assembly if you send it to them. I also agree with Mudhen, the Wolffe spring is a good one. I've had mine 5 years and not a hiccup yet with a little love and oil.

[ 11-30-2005, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: wallhanger54 ]

Originally posted by wallhanger54:

Personal opinion only. I've never thought much of the Sure Cycle. SS springs dont have the necessary carbon steel in them to have much in the way of memory and they tell you not to oil them in the instructions. Not oiling SS on SS? That's crazy! That recoil assembly has alot of work to do (absorbing shock, pushing the bolt and shell forward against gravity and locking the bolt head into battery). They will still rust, I've seen it. It's funny that SC costs 100 when Benelli only charges 60 for a complete factory assembly if you send it to them. I also agree with Mudhen, the Wolffe spring is a good one. I've had mine 5 years and not a hiccup yet with a little love and oil.

Thanks for the reply. I am going to put the "sure cycle" on ebay and get a heavy Wolffe spring to put in my factory tube. I'd like to distance myself as far as possible from "jeff" anyway. I won't go into it but I DON'T deal with people of his demeanor.

I still haven't gotten a response to my other thread concerning the strength of the spring. Deer season closes next Sat. here. I wouldn't be able to get the spring here in time anyway without paying an outrageous overnight shipping fee. I'm done pouring money in this gun just to get it to cycle. It's one of the most dissappointing purchases I have ever made.