SBEII forearm, forend assembly problem

GooseChaser

Hi All,

Have a new SBE II. Owners manual states the forearm should "click" when attached to the barrel. No such luck on mine. I've considered taking a hammer to it to make it click/stick (just kidding...).

Anyway, it just won't attach to the barrel no matter how much pressure I put on it in any direction. Goes over the ring just fine. The back end, it looks at me and laughs.

I CAN make the entire unit come together as one with minimal pressure, but is this correct? Will the forearm break off/fly off because it's not "sticking to the barrel" ??

Should it click and stick to the barrel like the manual says?

Do I have a forearm/forend that's been molded just a little to tight? Should I call Benelli and ask for a new forearm/forend?

Second question; when I bought the gun from BassPro Shop and asked why the barrel serial number stamping seemed brown and rusted, they said it was "dirt" and they all looked like that. I asked if it might have been stamped below the bluing level, hitting bare metal, and if it was rust which could become ugly in a couple of years, but they assured me that Benelli barrel serial numbers on the barrels appear brown before you clean them with oil.

Is this correct?

Thanks guys!!

Are you sticking the front of the forearm into the barrel ring first, then bringing the back of the forearm to the barrrel? When I assemble mine I never have a click. If the receiver and barrel go together fine I wouldn't worry about it. I had a question for benelli customer service, but they won't reply or get back to me. As for the serial number I have no idea. If it ends up being a problem I would just confront bass pro shops.