3.5 inch shells jamming

canucklehead

I SHOOT 2000 ROUNDS AT THE RANGE WITH ME SBE-2, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.

BUT THE FIRST TIME I WANT OUT HUNTING FOR GEESE WITH WINCHESTER SUPER X -3 INCH-BB THE SECOND SHOOT IT JAM. I SHOOT 2 BOXS OF AMMO ABOUT FIVE JAM. (6 GEESE).

SECOND TIME OUT FOR DUCKS. WITH WINCHESTER SUPER X-3 1/2 INCH-#3. 3 BOXS AMMO NO JAM. (6 DUCKS AND 4 GEESE )

My SBEII did the same thing over the weekend. I switch over to the 3 1/2 Federal Speed Shok and the first two rounds cycled fine, but the third did the exact samething as you discribed. I put a few drops of lube in, but will definitely try some different ammo. Guess I might switch over to the Winchesters, or remingtons.

Yip sure have.My sbe1 was famous for always jamming.After several years back and forth to the gun smith here in new zealand i decided enough was enough.Firstly i completlety stripped the gun and cleaned it.Result gun still jamming on 2 3/4 and 3 and 3/1/2 inch shells.Frustrating.Then i replace the extractor claw. Result gun still jamming occasionally.Last thing i did was take apart the recoil assembly and cleaned well.Still jamming.Took apart recoil assembly again but i accidently broke the small plunger at the back of the recoil rod, hence shortning the rod by some 5mm by not having the full length of the rod in their.The broken piece was no way able to be reatteached so i reassembled gun.But to my surprise the gun has not jammed since.Ive shot every shell you can think of and no jamming.Somehow i think the timing of my gun may have been out due to internal tolereances of my second hand gun.But im not complaining.I suggest you don't shorten the recoil stroke of your gun by accidently breaking the end of the rod.However im stoked mine is going.If i had had a new sbe i would have returned it to the shop.however mine was second hand at a good price so i had no option but to figure it out myself.:D